We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quebec in November with kids

Texas
6 posts
1 review
Quebec in November with kids

We are planning a trip end of November with 12 & 8 & 6 months old, with it being cold what fun activities can we plan? We are coming from Texas so we have no snow!

Also whats the best way to travel the city, rent a car? taxi? train? with that in mind do we take a car seat for the baby?

with the cold would we be able to walk the city with a stroller?

Any recommendation appreciated!!!!

5 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,386 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Quebec in November with kids

Chances are that there won't be any snow, just cold and rain. Cold is not an issue to walk outside. Just make sure to bundle the baby... and cover extremities. Plan for rain.. or light melting snow.

Best way to travel to the city from the airport is a taxi.https://www.aeroportdequebec.com/en/airport-access/taxis-and-public-transportation

Check at the stand for a cab with a car seat... but they are not mandatory.

You can also use dthe email addresses in the website to inquire with local taxi companies. https://www.aeroportdequebec.com/en

Temple, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
109 reviews
2. Re: Quebec in November with kids

We're planning a trip from Texas at the end of November with a 1 year old! We plan on wearing the baby when we walk through the city, so we're not bringing our stroller at all. We plan on renting a car and bringing our own car seat, but most car rental companies have car seats available for an extra amount every day. If you do bring it, I believe you can check the car seat for free.

Or you can rent equipment while you're there, like car seats, strollers, cribs, toys, etc. I've personally never done equipment rentals, but I have friends who have, and they love it! There are 2 companies I've found that do baby equipment rentals:

https://www.travel-buggy.com/

http://www.mininomade.com/

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
372 posts
167 reviews
3. Re: Quebec in November with kids

Of those 2 rental places mentioned by KateD I think the first one only rents equipment in Montreal. But I could be wrong. Just a word of caution, Quebec City is in the province of Quebec, so if you just see the word ‘Quebec’ written anywhere it is most likely referring to the province, not the city. Just be careful.

I assume you are flying into the city. When my daughter and young family used to visit me from Calgary they would bring their stroller and 2 car seats with them. You might want to check with your airline to see what arrangements they have and if there is any cost. If this is a viable option I would go for it.

As for getting around the city once you’re there I think a lot depends on how long you plan to be there and what you want to see/do. There are no local trains/subway. If you’re staying at a hotel outside of the city core then parking there should not be a problem. Parking in the core area, and in particular the ‘old’ city is a little more challenging. And can get expensive depending on how long you’re there.

If you give us more info on where you’re staying, for how long and what you want to see/do then more people may be able to provide more advice.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
4. Re: Quebec in November with kids

Bonjour Daniella,

A lot will be going on in our region at the end of November!

Toys & Games Consumer Show will be held at the Centre de foires on November 17th and 18th, there will be games for the whole family;

Québec Table Gourmande, a gourmet festival for everyone, will be held until the 25th;

https://quebectablegourmande.com/

The German Christmas Market and the Old Port Christmas Market are opening on the 22nd;

Christmas animation in the charming Quartier Petit-Champlain are starting on the 24th, you may be able to meet Santa in this one of a kind decor;

In addition to these events, the city will be all decorated for the Holidays season and the famous ice skating rink of Place d'Youville will be ready to welcome you!

About the temperature, it is not rare that the snow we have in November does not stay on the ground, but it happens. A stroller with large wheels is ideal for walking around in these conditions. Average temperature is betweem 3 and -4 Celsius at that time of year and it can be humid so a coat over layered warm clothing, hat, scarf, gloves however mittens are best and warm snow boots are necessary. Québec is a walking city, so comfortable footwear is a must.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in November!

Texas
6 posts
1 review
5. Re: Quebec in November with kids

Thank you for the info! Staying 7 days in old Quebec, was planning on going to Montreal as well, would love to see as much as possible.

Reply to: Quebec in November with kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted