We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quebec City End of November- things to do?

U.S.
Level Contributor
49 posts
57 reviews
Quebec City End of November- things to do?

We are possibly planning a trip to Quebec City over US Thanksgiving weekend with our 18 year old son. Would anyone be able to recommend things to do at night? Also, if there are any suggestions of unique things to do with an 18 year old (off the beaten track) in general?

Our trip would include a Sunday, is it safe to assume most shops/places are open on a Sunday in November?

Is the Christmas market big?

Thank you for any advice.

11 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,427 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: Quebec City End of November- things to do?

It is an ordinary week end here in Canada. Shops will close at 5 on week ends. (Friday is usually 9pm)

18 year old is legal drinking age in this province, so that is what people that age will do.

End of November is very quiet. No winter sports yet ... and a little bit on the cool side for outdoor activities. (Many are closed for the winter until May.) A little boring for all at that time of year!

U.S.
Level Contributor
49 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Quebec City End of November- things to do?

Thank you for your post! I appreciate it.

Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Quebec City End of November- things to do?

We're heading up the week after (US) Thanksgiving, very excited! Can anyone confirm if the Christmas Market will be open at this point? Thanks!

U.S.
Level Contributor
49 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Quebec City End of November- things to do?

The information I found says that the market runs November 22- December 23 2018. It's closed Mondays-Wednesdays. Open Thursdays 11 a.m.- 8 p.m., Fridays 11 a.m.-9 p.m., Saturdays 11 a.m.- 8 p.m., Sundays 11 a.m.-6 p.m.

Hope that helps!

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
5,018 posts
41 reviews
5. Re: Quebec City End of November- things to do?

We are going up US Thanksgiving weekend as well but will concentrate on eating well, a little wine, and some shopping. For an 18 year old at that time, besides possibly drinking, there is the Mussee de Civilization which is very interesting. I would also take a very ride over to Levis and back particularly near sunset for some great views and pictures. You could also drive out to Montmorency Falls, plus visit St. Anne du Beaupre.

JDP

Edited: 17 October 2018, 05:09
U.S.
Level Contributor
49 posts
57 reviews
6. Re: Quebec City End of November- things to do?

Thank you for the suggestions. I appreciate it!

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
68 posts
7. Re: Quebec City End of November- things to do?

Bonjour!

Yes, it is safe to assume most shops/places are open on a Sunday in November and there will be plenty to do in Québec City for US Thanksgiving!

The German Christmas market (outdoor in the heart of Old Québec) and the Old Port Christmas market (indoor on the shore of Bassin Louise) are both opening on November 22nd, they are musts to get into the Holidays season spirit and be sure not to miss de decorations of Quartier Petit-Champlain!

Here are some «off the beaten track» activity suggestions:

Experience the Boreal Glide in Forêt Montmorency;

Enjoy a last Summer day at the Bora Parc of Valcartier;

Or try fat bike at E47 ÉcoSentiers Villégiature.

We are looking forward to welcoming you!

Edited: 20 October 2018, 05:26
U.S.
Level Contributor
49 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: Quebec City End of November- things to do?

Thank you for the welcoming reply. I appreciate your suggestions!

Suwanee, Georgia
1 post
1 review
9. Re: Quebec City End of November- things to do?

We too are heading up that way next week with our 18 and 21 year old daughter and son. I haven't found much to do in terms of shows, outdoor activities, etc. Looks like there is snow, but none of the snow activities seem to be open yet. Wondering what you were able to find?

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
613 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: Quebec City End of November- things to do?

Snow activities are not open ... because snow in that much quantity is not normal for mid November and they are mostly seasonal workers with fixed start date

You might want to check cross country skiing, some stations are open for business

Reply to: Quebec City End of November- things to do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted