We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transportation of car?

Buena Park...
Level Contributor
21 posts
116 reviews
public transportation of car?

I will travel to Quebec in 2 weeks. I already rent a car, should I use the car to travel around town or use public transportation? How bad is traffic in Quebec city?

Thanks,

Best Seller
Quebec City and Montmorency Falls Day...
1,442 Reviews
from USD 89.90*
Best Seller
Half-Day Trip to Montmorency Falls...
908 Reviews
from USD 44.90*
Best Seller
Quebec City Walking Tour
709 Reviews
from USD 24.23*
3 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,354 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: public transportation of car?

Quebec City's tourist area is really compact. You should not use your car if your hotel is in the same area. You can walk to every attraction in town.

You may want to use your car to go to Montmorency falls and Ile d"Orleans, outside of town.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
2. Re: public transportation of car?

Bonjour Steve,

Traffic is not very bad in Québec City, the trickiest part might only be crossing the bridges over St-Lawrence River at the beginning and end of business days. If your are staying outside downtown, you can easily pay for a parking in the area for the day and walk around to visit Old Québec, Old Port, Petit-Champlain and most parts of the city center. Walking is definitely the best way to discover the city!

Here are many convenient parking adresses in downtown Québec City:

https:/…liste_stationnements.aspx

Visiting Montmorency Falls Park and Île d'Orléans with your car is aso a great idea! You could also travel to Canyon Sainte-Anne and Cap Tourmente National Wildlife Area wich is beautiful at this time of the year. If you are a fan of hiking, we recommend you also consider driving to Jacques-Cartier National Park in the North of our region!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
60 posts
144 reviews
3. Re: public transportation of car?

Uber was great way to get around. Just liad the app. Car good for day trip to Ile de Orleans

Reply to: public transportation of car?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted