We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Old Quebec Area & Sites

Houston, Texas
9 posts
Restaurants in Old Quebec Area & Sites

We'll be staying at the Marriott downtown (I believe it's right outside "Old Quebec" area?) next month, September. Looking for suggestions as to restaurants / establishments for a dinner and a breakfast that we could walk to. Not looking for an "upscale" type restaurant, rather a place that has great food and a relaxed atmosphere. If you have a favorite item(s) that the restaurant(s) serve, please share what it would be.

QC looks beautiful, which brings me to my last question. Is there 1 or 2 particular sites/attractions that we should NOT skip or SHOULD skip?

Thanks for your advice!

5 replies to this topic
Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants in Old Quebec Area & Sites

Here are a few suggestions :

Food suggestions

Eddie Sushie bar - Metropolitain - best sushis in town - not the cheapest though.

Chocolats favoris - both chocolate and chocolate dipped ice cream.

Le Légende - one of my favorite restaurant, near the ferry

Sapristi - italian - the one on rue St-Jean has a beautiful patio at the back of the restaurant.

Not to be missed :

Le petit Champlain a great place, with nice little local boutiques, cafés and restaurant with patios.

Rue St-Jean and all the Old Québec area.

Take the ferry from Québec to Lévis (which is near le Petit Champlain)- the best views of Québec. There is not much to do in Lévis though.

Humble, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
55 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants in Old Quebec Area & Sites

Thank you so much for the suggestions. We’re looking forward to exploring your beautiful city!

Franklin, New Jersey
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Restaurants in Old Quebec Area & Sites

My suggestion is just walk through Old Town and Old Port and along the St. Larry River. Visit the Park of St. Joan of Arc. Visit the Market Place in Old Port. This is its last Summer. Do not expect to save money on dining, because of the weak Canadian Dollar. The prices were raised to compensate. Expect to pay dearly for pizza and a hamburger. Try Jacks. It is a bit out of the way.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
60 posts
144 reviews
4. Re: Restaurants in Old Quebec Area & Sites

We just returned & loved Anciens Canadiens— been serving since 1600s! A three course meal for $20. If you do late afternoon, no need for dinner! Do make reservation as it fills up

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
126 posts
301 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants in Old Quebec Area & Sites

Restaurants:

Ciel Bistro Bar - Come for more than the revolving restaurant and great views. Food and service is exceptional along with reasonable prices at lunch time. The tatare salmon and dessert is real good here.

Le Pape Georges - friendly bar with good food to boot. Their panini prosciutto was to die for.

Cafe Hobbit - Awesome food and service. Their rack of lamb w/mashed potatoes was awesome with a sweet sauce. Their chocolate dessert is one of the best anywhere. Impossible to order anything bad here.

Reply to: Restaurants in Old Quebec Area & Sites
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted