We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYE Quebec City

United States
Level Contributor
50 posts
NYE Quebec City

Hi All,

For the last several years I have spent Christmas in QC, which is always relatively quiet in the old quarter. This year we thought we would go for NYE to see the fireworks.

I have read that the Grande Allee is where all the night life is, dancing in the streets, all the bars, etc.

How is the area near the Quartier Petit Champlain? I am not big into the huge crowds, and am bringing my parents to see all the holiday decorations and. Is the Grande Allee far enough away, or will we still be in the center of all the music, etc? Where do the fireworks get set off from?

I am curious if I should change my dates back to going over Christmas.

Thank you in advance :)

4 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
1. Re: NYE Quebec City

Quartier Petit Champlain is in Lower Town and at the base of Cape Diamant so the views are limited and you will not see the fireworks at all as they are shot near Grande Allée, not from somewhere near the Fairmont Chateau Frontenac. So stick to go in that Grande Allée area. One interesting option will be to have a 'réveillon" (late festive supper) at Ciel the rotating restaurant of Le Concorde Hotel that is directly on Grande Allée.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,984 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: NYE Quebec City

The fireworks are in Place George V, a park across from the Quebec Parliament and just outside the St. Louis gate. While there will be some night life and celebration, it will not be like say New York City on New Year's eve. There will be a band, some vendors, and drinks will be allowed outside, but again it won't be close to a big city US celebration either.

JDP

1 post
1 review
3. Re: NYE Quebec City

Where are some good places to stay that would be good walking distance to everything? We're looking for something to do NYE and I haven't been to Quebec since I was 10-12 (1976-78).

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,799 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: NYE Quebec City

Monica - rather than resurrecting a year old thread, please start your own by clicking on the Ask a question tab at bottom of this page. When you post, please provide a nightly budget range in CAD$$.

Reply to: NYE Quebec City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted