We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report and questions for next time

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
626 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report and questions for next time

I was in Montreal May 17-20 with my husband and 8 year old son and we are going back again June 13-19. Stayed at Embassey Suites. Day 1, hubby worked, son and I went to Notre Dame, Les Glaceurs for cupcakes, met hubby at La Popessa for lunch, then Eaton Centre (son loved it!). We also took a quick walk through China Town and discovered all the yummy bakeries and dragon's beard candy! We were kind a tired that night so we ordered pizza to the hotel for supper. Unfortunately I can't remember the name (the brochure said voted best pizza in town by McGill University students) and it was awful! So my first question is - any suggestions for good pizza delivery? Day 2, conference day for me, hubby and son went to the Biodome and Olmypic Stadium. Then we went to Frites Alors on St. Catherine St. for burgers and poutine. It was good, but I have it so infrequently that I can't tell good from GOOD. So second question is where to have poutine in June? We walked St. Catherine St. in the evening, son enjoyed musical performers. There was a phenominal classical guitarist on one corner! Day 3, hubby and son went to Montreal Science Center and in the afternoon, son and I just walked around Old Montreal, basically from one end of St. Paul to the other. We stopped for gelato and sat on a bench in a big open area that had restaurants on both sides and some musical performers. In the evening we ate in China Town. So many places to choose from - I didn't know how to pick. We did have a good meal though. Are there any particular places you would recommend (hubby wont't eat anywhere that looks "dirty")? We did have a look in Maison Kam Fung but it seemed a bit fussy for what we were looking for. So for next trip, son wants to go back to the Biodome and the Science Centre and I would like to go to the Botanical Gardens. Would like to visit Jean Talon market and maybe eat in Little Italy. Take a horse and buggy ride around Old Montreal. When would be a good time to go to Mont Royal (we are leaving Sunday morning)? Any other suggestions would be great!

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
626 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report and questions for next time

Should also mention that my son is not really into "rides" so La Ronde is not really an option.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
307 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report and questions for next time

Hi,

I have 2 teen boys from Montreal and I am impressed with what you have seen so far. I can't answer all of your questions but here are some ideas :

1) My teens love the Labyrinthe at Hangar 16 in the old Port. I did it last summer with my 11 year old and had great fun in this maze. If the weather is nice, you could bike along the old port with a bike rental (either a BIXI or other in the old port)

2) The Cirque du Soleil show (Totem) is back this summer. I saw it last year and I think it would be age appropriate. Our guys starting going to Cirque shows at 6 years old.

3) Any good weather day is good for Mont Royal. Take the 11 bus up.

4) If you get to the Botanical Gardens, I would also suggest the look out accross the street at the Olympic stadium.

I may soon need info on halifax so don't hesitate to ask more. Can't help with poutine since I make my own and pizza downtown.

enjoy

3. Re: Trip report and questions for next time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 15:17