We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal to Quebec - Hotels, driving, train

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Montreal to Quebec - Hotels, driving, train

We will be arriving in Montreal in February by train late in the evening. The next day we will be leaving to go to Quebec. Are there any recommendations on where to stay close by, rent a car and drive or take a train to Quebec. We are taking our grandchildren to the Ice Hotel (1 night) and then 1 night in Quebec city. Back to Montreal and the train home. Any suggestions?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal to Quebec - Hotels, driving, train

Stay at one of the hotels connected to the train station. In no particular order, the Queen E, the Hilton Bonaventure and the Marriott Chateau Champlain.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montreal to Quebec - Hotels, driving, train

I'd stick with the train to Quebec City. February you can have brutal weather and the train is so comfortable. www.viarail.com. Both train stations are also centrally located.

As for where to stay in Montreal, the easiest would be the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth which is literally located on top of the train station, Gare Centrale. They even have there own elevator down to the station so you won't have to venture outside. In February you should be able to get a very decent rate.

JDP

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
307 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montreal to Quebec - Hotels, driving, train

I agree with JDP. The Queen E is right above central station in montreal. A very nice hotel and you can easily connect indoors. The signs to find the elevator from the station to queen e can be a little confusing however. I will check the signage as I go by everyday.

There is a risk of trains being cancelled or delayed due to weather but then unless you are comfortable with winter driving you may not want to drive in those conditions either.

4. Re: Montreal to Quebec - Hotels, driving, train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 15:16