We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal and Qebec City

Leeds, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Montreal and Qebec City

Hi My husband and I are travelling to Canada (from UK) next June we are starting our Canadian adventure in Vancouver followed by a road trip through the Rockies to Calgary then flying to Montreal for the second part of our month trip

We intend to stay in Montreal for say 6 days then drive up to Quebec City for 2 days flying back out of Montreal 4 days later. We enjoy cities, enjoy good food and generally getting to know the areas. We also enjoy the great outdoors nothing too strenuous (both in our 60's) but like to get to know the history of the areas we visit

So the question's are

6 days in Montreal too long ? didn't intend to pick up a car until trip to Quebec City

2 days Quebec City too long not long enough?

Any suggestions for the last 4 days would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Sandra

3 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,360 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal and Qebec City

I would take 2 days off Montreal and add to Quebec City. Then you could either head up to the Charlevoix, or over to Eastern Townships.

Or you could also head up to Ottawa for 2-3 days - our capital city, with all the national museums, galleries, Parliament, etc.

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Montreal and Qebec City

2 days is good for QC. It's beautiful but tiny (as far as the area a tourist would be interested in goes).

I would be happy in Montreal for 6 but it's up to you to decide it you want to trade a day(s) for something less urban or adding Ottawa as mentioned.

Magog in the Eastern Townships area is one place to consider outside of the cities. The town itself is really nice and it's also a good location from which to explore the region in general. And if you do cut back Montreal a bit you'd have time to swing down to Burlington VT USA. I suggest Burlington because it's small and well located enough to be really nice for exploring nature and scenery but big enough to give you plenty of options for restaurants ect.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,325 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montreal and Qebec City

Yes you could shave some days in Montréal and rent a car to do Ottawa but also Montebello and Mont-Tremblant before heading to Québec City. You say 2 days there but is it 2 nights or only one? Two nights would be nice and give you plenty of time to enjoy the old city. Yes tiny but full of discovery if you get off the main touristic spots and discover the side streets and some of the museums.

I am surprised that you didn't include Toronto and Niagara Falls in your schedule... All Europeans want to see the Falls.

Reply to: Montreal and Qebec City
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted