We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roadmap needed

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Roadmap needed

I'm planning a summer 2018 trip from Baie Comeau to Fermont and am in need of some detailed road map for the area. Where might I find that?

Mentioned in this post
Baie Comeau
Baie Comeau
Quebec, Canada
9 replies to this topic
Montreal
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roadmap needed

Google Map & Street View ?

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
23,274 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roadmap needed

if you're planning to drive route 389, you can find downloads on this site ... all in french.

http://www.route389.com/en/documents

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
23,274 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roadmap needed

You can also find maps here:

http://www.mapartmaps.com/index.htm

http://www.worldofmaps.com/

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Roadmap needed

This page has all of the detailed maps for Quebec regions. There is a map for the area around Baie-Comeau however it mostly covers the St. Lawrence coast. I don't know if it goes up to Fermont. You may have to buy a back road atlas for $20 that should cover the whole province in detail.

…3dcartstores.com/Quebec_c_185.html

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Quebec Inn
Hotel Quebec Inn
239 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Baie Comeau
Baie Comeau
Quebec, Canada
Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Roadmap needed

Thanks for the road map info. I'm a bit surprised that the province does not offer any free detailed maps for tourists as other provinces do. We do not anticipate having internet connection along the TLH route so many of the on line options aren't viable for what we need.

Thanks. The Back Road Atlas may be what we need.

Montreal
Level Contributor
5,001 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roadmap needed

Contact the tourism office https://tourismecote-nord.com/en/

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
23,274 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roadmap needed

CAA gives free maps to members. Your AAA membership would be honoured at their offices. Your local AAA may even be able to order one in for you in advance.

As noted above, the local tourism office may have free maps. Or the provincial tourism office may have them at their physical locations.

Edited: 25 November 2017, 09:29
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
988 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roadmap needed

I'm not familiar with that part of Quebec, but I've found Quebec's information offices to be brimming with maps, books, and all kinds of helpful info. The free guidebooks they offer are very good, as are the maps. Have you been to this website?

https://www.quebecoriginal.com/en-us

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Quebec Inn
Hotel Quebec Inn
239 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
351 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Roadmap needed

>>>"CAA gives free maps to members. Your AAA membership would be honoured at their offices. Your local AAA may even be able to order one in for you in advance."

This is true as I am a CAA member. However their maps are disappointing as they are very small as they combine many provinces into one map. They have a single map for "Atlantic provinces and Quebec" (five provinces). One side is Quebec in very small scale, the reverse all four Atlantic provinces in very small scale. Difficult to read with sections of provinces missing.

I just took my CAA/AAA "Atlantic provinces and Quebec" map out of the closet. Baie-Comeau is shown but the area north is cut off. Fermont is not on this map at all as the 389 going north of Baie-Comeau is cut off. This Quebec map only shows southern Quebec and so it would be useless to you. Even for free it is not worth the effort getting this map as you will need a better one anyway.

The AAA maps for cities are fine however the provincial maps are too small scale and often cut out sparsely populated parts of a province such as northern Quebec in this case.

I just checked my JDM Geo map of Quebec. Fermont is shown only in a very small 1 to 10 000 000 scale overview map of the province. The populated southern sections are either 1 to 1 000 000 or 1 to 500 000. This isn't the detail you are looking for.

I have the free CAA maps but still paid for separate QC, NB, NS maps at larger scale from CCC maps or JDM Geo. I even have separate maps of Quebec regions.

>>>"I'm a bit surprised that the province does not offer any free detailed maps for tourists as other provinces do. "

Actually most of those free maps are quite bad and not detailed, which is why I have bought many maps. I have the free Nova Scotia tourist map among others but still bought CCC Nova Scotia.

Edited: 25 November 2017, 13:48
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Quebec Inn
Hotel Quebec Inn
239 Reviews
Quebec City, Canada
Baie Comeau
Baie Comeau
Quebec, Canada
Reply to: Roadmap needed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted