We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments on Avonview Manor

MI
Level Contributor
71 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Comments on Avonview Manor

I have a reservation for the Avonview Manor B & B. Does anyone have any feedback. The reviews I have seen are a few years old. Thanks!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments on Avonview Manor

Hi MiSusan,

Here is a helpful tip...

When you can't find what you are looking for on TA in the way of Reviews you could either do a GOOGLE SEARCH - Avonview Manor Stratford Reviews.

Or, use my favourite Travel Tool GOOGLE MAPS. By doing a search for Stratford, Ontario and then when the "bubble" comes up enter - Avonview Manor - into the SEARCH NEARBY field.

GOOGLE MAPS will not only locate Avonview Manor for you, but it will also give you a whole bunch of other info on the property / landmark / restaurant. In this case, it has 5 Reviews (it will source from all over the Net... in this case 4 of them are from TA which tells me no other Travel Websites have Reviews for them... BUT there is also a Frommers Review dated July 2009).

GOOGLE MAPS is a great product to use hand-in-hand with TA when you are planning a vacation... I particularly like the fact that it can find landmarks without knowing their address... and now has a Walking Distance calculator which comes in handy when exploring a city.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Mentioned in this post
Stratford
Stratford
Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,104 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments on Avonview Manor

Can't speak to the specific place, altho I see Frommers has a 2009 review on it. The area itself is quite lovely; you're a stone's throw from TJ Dolan drive, which is a bucolic street running alongside the wee Avon River tributary at that point. If you haven't been there before, you will find that quite charming. And you will be close enough to walk over to Buzz Stop and grab a decent coffee for a morning stroll. If you're looking for some Canadian Art, another 5 minutes into town you'll be at the fabulous Gallery Indigena; the owner has one of the best "eyes" in Ontario for native art. Incredibly knowledgeable.

3. Re: Comments on Avonview Manor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2010, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Stratford