We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pelee island ferry

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Pelee island ferry

Do you really need to book the ferry well in advance of your trip? Or is it just as convenient to book last minute, like a day before or the morning of your trip?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,875 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pelee island ferry

Well, I would presume if you are taking your vehicle there would be no guarantee you would get on unless you made a reservation. It also would depend on when you want to go. Maybe you should phone them.

ontarioferries.com/en/…

Newark, Delaware
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pelee island ferry

I was wondering the same as Lady_C.. - I'd like to visit for a day as a "walk-on" but looking at the ferry schedule from Sandusky it appears almost impossible to do a day visit.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11,782 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pelee island ferry

Most people go to Point Pelee on the ferry in Ontario from either Leamington or Kingsville. Reservations are not required for walk ons

Mentioned in this post
Pelee Island
Pelee Island
Ontario, Canada
Leamington
Leamington
Ontario, Canada
Medina, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
172 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pelee island ferry

I shouldn't think there is any problem if all you need is accommodation for your body and/or your bike. Cars could be more problematic. The Pelee Islander only takes 10 vehicles. I think the Jimaan takes many more but still it would be sensible to book cars for either vessel in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Pelee Island
Pelee Island
Ontario, Canada
Wheatley, Ontario
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pelee island ferry

You absolutely need to book a reservation if you plan on taking a vehicle over. You must do it as far ahead as you can. Cancellation policy is 5 days so if you decide on not going make sure to cancel before then or else your card will be charged. You must have vehicle info and a credit card to make a reservation.

Note, you do not need a reservation for walk on or bike on passengers

6. Re: Pelee island ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2018, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Pelee Island