We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any bad areas in oakville?

toronto
Level Contributor
399 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
any bad areas in oakville?

I'm just wondering if there are any bad neighbourhoods in Oakville. I have heard that it is a really safe place, but recently someone told me that central oakville or kerr street is considered the "oakville ghetto". Ive been around there and it seemed pretty nice to me so I wasnt sure if it was true or not!

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
12,551 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: any bad areas in oakville?

Despite my id here, I live in Oakville part of the year.

Kerr Street is still where a lot of fixed income people live, but it's not unsafe. And there's a lot of construction of new townhouses, etc.

Oakville's a great place to live. There are a lot of great restaurants on Kerr, too.

Whitchurch-Stouffvil...
Level Contributor
134 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: any bad areas in oakville?

I lived on lakeshore in old oakville and I also lived just off Kerr. There are really no bad areas in Oakville at all. Kerr is just not as good as some other areas in safety. Every town has a mix of people in it. There are some great things on Kerr.

I really love Stoney's Bread Company, it has the BEST steak sandwich! Plus the downtown area is such a short walk and you don't have to worry about blaring music in your window when there is a festival going on - (they do live music sometimes.)

There is a YMCA just about 5 minutes drive from Kerr and a couple grocery stores too. I also love Red Chilli the thai (i think) food place on kerr. Tons of great stuff in the area and Kerr Street has it's own uniqe vibe too.

C

3. Re: any bad areas in oakville?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 19:41