We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oakville to Kitchener?

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
395 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oakville to Kitchener?

What would be the easiest and least expensive way of getting from Oakville to Kitchener? I don't have my driver lisence so driving isnt an option for me.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Oakville to Kitchener?

You have two options:

Take the GO Lakeshore line westbound (gotransit.com/publicroot/…) to the Hamilton GO Centre ($6.10). From the same terminal, take a Coach Canada bus (coachcanada.com/CoachUsaAssets/files/116/Ham…) to Kitchener ($16.20). Total travel time's about 2 1/2 hours, plus waiting time for the connection.

Or, take the GO Lakeshore line eastbound (gotransit.com/publicroot/…) to Union Station ($6.25). Take the subway up to Dundas station, or just walk 15 minutes up to the bus terminal at Bay and Dundas. Take a Greyhound Canada bus (www.greyhound.ca) to Kitchener ($23). Total travel time is closer to three hours, plus waiting time for the connection, but the Kitchener-Toronto bus is much more frequent than the Kitchener-Hamilton bus.

All fares above are one-way. You may be able to get discounts by booking the Greyhound or Coach Canada tickets in advance (see their web sites).

2. Re: Oakville to Kitchener?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2009, 18:22