We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Needed: Proposing in Oakville-Brunch & Hotel Accom??

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Advice Needed: Proposing in Oakville-Brunch & Hotel Accom??

Hi All,

I am coming to Toronto/Oakville (from Philadelphia) from 10/24-10/25, and needed advice on best/romantic brunch spots, possibly overlooking the lake (where I plan to propose),for Saturday morning, and romantic hotels (or bed&breakfast) for Sat and Sunday night.

Are there any boutique hotel/resorts (non-chain) that a girl would like that you would highly recommend?

Thanks for your help,

Jerry

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,402 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Needed: Proposing in Oakville-Brunch & Hotel Accom??

Oakville< in my opinion does not do the hotel thing too well. Mostly chains, a few Band B's, but nothing spectacular. Best advice is toc check out Niagara on the Lake or Jordan for romantic inns.

Oakville, unfortunately, is ot blessed with an abundance of waterfromt restaurants, either... The lighthouse has a great lake view, but the food and service do not compare. Specers on the Waterfront, in Burlington, fares better , but still lacks the WOW factor. Both Jonothon's and Olivers are great oakville fine dining options, but not on the water.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Needed: Proposing in Oakville-Brunch & Hotel Accom??

Hi Jerry7,

I'd have to agree with KERLYRANOAKVILLE, a proposal and getaway to Niagara-on-the-Lake would definitely be more stunning and it certainly is romantic and geared towards couples (that said... IF you are tied to doing this in Oakville for some reason I will say that the waterfront is quite beautiful, especially around Bronte Harbour Park).

Congratulations,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS... If you aren't tied to Oakville, check out the NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE FORUM and info on all that there is to see and do in the Niagara Region (tons more than just The Falls).

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,996 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Needed: Proposing in Oakville-Brunch & Hotel Accom??

Old post from October 2008

OP was travelling from 10/24-10/25

No need to reply

4. Re: Advice Needed: Proposing in Oakville-Brunch & Hotel Accom??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 17:19