We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sherkton Shores or Bissells Hideaway?

Which Niagara Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Kingston NH
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sherkton Shores or Bissells Hideaway?

Which one do you prefer? We will be there the 7/27/12 for 1 week and I'm wondering which is the better of the two. We are two families traveling with children 8-10yrs old. I am specifically curious about bathroom cleanliness and tenting experience (location of tents, proximity to neighbors, etc). Thanks!

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
408 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sherkton Shores or Bissells Hideaway?

Don`t know much about bissells but have been to sherkston several times. The beach at Sherkston is one of the best around and there is lots to do for kids with the waterpark and quarry. Sherkston is fairly big so it depends what area you would be in as some areas are more cramped than others. I also don`t remember ever having any problems with cleanliness.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,806 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sherkton Shores or Bissells Hideaway?

Even though Sherkston is large, there is only one area for camping, and it is quite cramped. Sites are very small and are right beside each other.

On the other hand, bathroom/ showers are very clean, and there is a whole lot more to do there than at Bissells.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sherkton Shores or Bissells Hideaway?

Does it REALLY matter given you'll be in the company of some of your favorite people in the world? Really...think about it! :)

East Kingston NH
Level Contributor
110 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sherkton Shores or Bissells Hideaway?

You are absolutely right!

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
156 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sherkton Shores or Bissells Hideaway?

Bissells hideaway has much more to offer now than it use too. I think both places are great for kids, but sherkston is so pricey now.

Fonthill
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Sherkton Shores or Bissells Hideaway?

I think if you have a younger family you would prefer Bissell's and if you have older teens you will prefer Sherkston, just my opinion.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,519 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sherkton Shores or Bissells Hideaway?

The OP was travelling on the 27th of July.

8. Re: Sherkton Shores or Bissells Hideaway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 11:15