We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

Gwent
Level Contributor
156 posts
110 reviews
Hotels

Travelling 6th - 9th July already have the Marriott Falls View and spa booked, but thinking of changing to The Oakes which is slightly cheaper thoughts please.

7 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Hotels

I'm currently having a look for hotels in August, very expensive, How much was the Marriot? I want a falls view but all seem to be coming to around $400 dollars a night

Gwent
Level Contributor
156 posts
110 reviews
2. Re: Hotels

Have you thought of joining Marriott rewards ? they sometimes have better deals, must admit we booked the hotel last October and paid 1249 CAD to be paid at hotel and includes taxes and resort fee.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Hotels

@Nicholas et al,

Fallsview rooms usually hover around 300-400 a night all year. It is because that is the view everybody wants. Nobody wants a city view room.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
286 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: Hotels

The Marriott is a great hotel

Level Contributor
1,379 posts
62 reviews
5. Re: Hotels

The Marriott Fallsview is head and shoulders above the Oakes. Unless the price gap is huge stick with your choice.

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
468 posts
24 reviews
6. Re: Hotels

Both great views but I would call the Oakes a 2 star and the Marriott a 4 star. Staying at the Oakes u would be compromising service and cleanliness.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: Hotels

I have stayed in both hotels. Marriott gets my vote. View, cleanliness, size of the room. Oaks is ok for a quick visit only. But if you want to stay & really enjoy i suggest dont change marriott. This year is super expensive compare last year, but either way they always come down to $400 night

Reply to: Hotels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted