We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara Falls Day Trip

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Niagara Falls Day Trip

Hi,

I will spending a few days in Toronto in June and was hoping to visit the Niagara Falls from there. There are several companies offering day trips that can be booked online but I wonder whether it would work out better/cheaper to book the trip once I am in Toronto or even take public transport there and back. Due to time constraints I cannot stay overnight in Niagara.

Thank you,

Chusa

3 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,854 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Niagara Falls Day Trip

Yes ... you can book when you get here. Or you can go on your own. This Top Question from the Toronto forum outlines the various methods:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155019-c…

if you go on your own on public transport, you won't be able to get to any wineries or Niagara-on-the-Lake - it all depends on what your interests are.

Edited: 13 May 2018, 22:06
detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6,292 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Niagara Falls Day Trip

If you just want to see the falls and near by area, then go to the bus station on Bay st and take either mega bus or greyhound to Niagara Falls, from there it is too far to walk to the falls but WEGO buses are dependable and cheap or just take a taxi for $15 to the falls area, I think $15 would cover it including a tip. it did back in 2015, everything has to go up in price ach year thou it seems like.

It was like $20 each way for the bus ticket and that wasn't booking ahead, on line, that is cheaper yet.

For one person, I don't see it costing more than $100, likely way less, and that is in Canadian dollars. Using WEGO it should be about $50 total price, there and back.

How much is the tour buses ? Those are nice cause they take you straight to the falls and offer a lunch and its super easy if you haven't traveled much. You just get on one bus and follow everybody else

Edited: 14 May 2018, 05:14
West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,083 posts
103 reviews
3. Re: Niagara Falls Day Trip

Hi Chusa;

Chariots of Fire get high marks on this forum for their tours.

https://www.tourniagarafalls.com/tour

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g155019-d14…

Or, as commented, you can "do-it-yourself".

Best Regards

Reply to: Niagara Falls Day Trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted