We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chances of aurora in second half of August

India
Level Contributor
102 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Chances of aurora in second half of August

Hi,

I am in Canada till August end and planning to fly to Yellowknife in the second half of August. My only aim is to see the aura lights. What are the chances? How many nights should I plan to stay? Also, what will be the most reliable tour company?

Thanks in advance ...

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Yellowknife
Yellowknife
Northwest Territories, Canada
Yellowknife, Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chances of aurora in second half of August

5 More Things No One Ever Tells You About the Northern Lights

luxeadventuretraveler.com/5-more-things-no-o…

Yellowknife, Canada
Level Contributor
101 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Chances of aurora in second half of August

Aurora Forecast application lets you easily plan to see the Northern Lights. If you are a serious aurora watcher, plan to spend the night with Aurora Forecast application. It's time to see the Northern Lights.

Live auroral activity and forecast data is provided by NOAA POES and Geophysical Institute at UAF.

Aurora Forecast works with all iOS running version 4.0 software or later and Android running version 2.1 or later.

http://www.tinacinc.com/AuroraForecast/

Hong Kong, China
6 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Chances of aurora in second half of August

Hi, mediamentor, then based on your previous experience, is there still a very good chance to see Northern light in August OR you consider that it is still better to go to Yellowknife to see that in early December (but it would be very cold)?

Mentioned in this post
Yellowknife
Yellowknife
Northwest Territories, Canada
India
Level Contributor
102 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Chances of aurora in second half of August

I saw it in august

15. Re: Chances of aurora in second half of August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2018, 18:18
;