We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Gros Morne lodgings fell through...suggestions please!

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Help! Gros Morne lodgings fell through...suggestions please!

Hello! We just received word that our lodgings in Gros Morne (woody point) that we booked back in November were canceled unexpectedly for no reason. Would love suggestions for where to look for a last minute alternative!

Here's the rest of where we're staying:

St Johns 6/28-30 (check out 7/1)

New Bonaventure 7/1-7/2 (check out 7/3)

Fogo Island 7/3-7/4 (check out 7/5)

Gros Morne (this is the one that was canceled...)

Deer Lake Motel 7/8 (check in 7/9) - our flight leaves Deer Lake in the morning on 7/9.

Please help! thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Gros Morne National...
Level Contributor
715 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: Help! Gros Morne lodgings fell through...suggestions please!

Did you try airbnb? VRBO? There are towns along the road to Woody Point. They are all along the Bay. The furtherst is Glenburnie which is maybe a 10 minute drive. Between Glenburnie and Woody Point is Birchy Head, Shoal Brook, Winterhouse Brook, and on the other side of Woody Point is Curzon Village. I think there may be a half a dozen airbnb along that route. Also look at Trout River, There is also a place in Woody Point called the Little Red Inn which is not licensed. It is not in the best of locations but it is in town and is nice and very clean. Also I am not sure if the Galliott House is licensed. It is beautiful and in Woody Point. I hope this helps.

St. John's, Canada
Destination Expert
for Newfoundland and Labrador
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
100 reviews
2. Re: Help! Gros Morne lodgings fell through...suggestions please!

Somebody recently recommended the Tiny Chalets in Rocky Harbour to me. I don’t know many details and have never stayed there but they look nice and are very new.

Here’s a link https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/22843409

Gros Morne National...
Level Contributor
715 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: Help! Gros Morne lodgings fell through...suggestions please!

Sorry - I gave you a bad name. It is the L'il Red Inn.

Gander NL
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
201 reviews
4. Re: Help! Gros Morne lodgings fell through...suggestions please!

Look at Kings point or Triton area if you want to stay closer to Deer Lake. Whale pavillions in each place. Hiking trails. boat tours, icebergs depending on mother nature. Badger Bay Boat tours and Parker's Blue Water Lodge were the places we did in Triton. And easy drive from Fogo Island and a quieter area where you may get availability.

Gros Morne National...
Level Contributor
715 posts
74 reviews
5. Re: Help! Gros Morne lodgings fell through...suggestions please!

Also right at the entrance to the park is Coyles in Wiltondale - they have cottages/cabins as does Jackladder. These places are halfway between Deer Lake and the towns in the park - so maybe a half hour away. Deer Lake is close to an hour from the park and Springdale & King's Point are about two hours from the park. Also north of the park -not far from Cow Head - is Portland Creed. There is a very nice b&b there.

Reply to: Help! Gros Morne lodgings fell through...suggestions please!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newfoundland and...