We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on itinerary please...first time visitors.

australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on itinerary please...first time visitors.

Hi Guys, would really appreciate some advice on the below itinerary, background:we are a Aussie couple in our mid 50's,enjoy scenery and quaint small towns.(not keen on busy cities and mass tourism)

Days 1-3 Levis-Quebec

4 Woodstock N.B.

5 St Martins (via Gagetown)

6 St Martins

7,8,9 Victoria P.E.I.

10,11 Ballantyne's Cove (Cape George)

12 Cheticamp

13 Igonish

14 Baddeck

15 Maitland

16 Annapolis Royal

17,18 Ferry Digby-then onto St Andrews

19,20,21 Bar Harbor

22,23 Camden

Then travelling onto Boston.I hope to get back one day to do Halifax/Lunnenburg areas but we thought we would rather take more time through the above areas , Do you think the above areas are too similar? should I mix it up more?? Any advice I would be grateful for, my first time back to Canada in 20 years!! West coast previously, very excited to be hitting the east coast this time.Travelling mid-May. Thank you Missy .

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on itinerary please...first time visitors.

You will like the East Coast, friendly folks and good seafood.

Levis would not be my choice of places to stay - I would stay in the old town which is not a 'big city' but is full of atmosphere and has many good resteraunts - we usually stay at the Courtyard marriott just outside the walls.

Woodstock is also not on my stay list - it is very small and has very few places to eat. I would spend the extra 50min and stop in fredericton - the capittol of New Brunswick and still a small city.

tourismnewbrunswick.ca has a very good guide that you can request on the internet.

Come back with more qurstions.

We spent a year in Melbourne in 2000 and found OZ a great place to be.

Woodstock, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on itinerary please...first time visitors.

If you would like information on Woodstock, New Brunswick's First Town, I could send you some literature with the restaurant listings, accommodations, thing to do etc... Please email me your mailing address tourism@town.woodstock.nb.ca You could also take a look at our website www.town.woodstock.nb.ca

Looking forward to hearing for you.

Waterside, Canada
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on itinerary please...first time visitors.

Great response tourismwoodstock. I have stopped in Woodstock many times and have had no problems finding restaurants, accommodations or things to do for a night.

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on itinerary please...first time visitors.

Obviously there must be more to Woodstock than I have seen.

Riverside Albert...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on itinerary please...first time visitors.

Your itineray has no time to see the Hopewell Rocks and Fundy National Park. I would suggest that instead of heading to St Martins, that you head towards the Fundy coast between Alma and Hopewell Cape. This would give you the opportunity to see the Fundy Coast, while not requiring a backtrack out from St Martins to get to PEI. Not to take anything away from the St Martins area, but given your plans to head to PEI, it would save you some valuable time and allow you to take in more of what Fundy has to offer.

Morinville, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on itinerary please...first time visitors.

I would agree on skipping Woodstock for Fredericton. As pointed out by Keenvisitor, maybe there is more to Woodstock than I know, but I fail to see what.

Also, I'm not sure if you've seen Quebec City before but there is likely more to see than for 3 days worth. If you prefer quaint and small to big cities, there is a way to experience Quebec City by not staying right downtown. Just outside the city is Ile d'Orlean where agro-tourism is simply great. There are plenty of B&B or cabins to rent. That way you can get the best of both worlds.

If you make it to NB, then Sonya & Jeff are right, you should try to drop by Hopewell Rocks and / or Fundy (was in the competition for "World Wonder").

Enjoy your time in Eastern Canada!

7. Re: Advice on itinerary please...first time visitors.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about New Brunswick