We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whistler in May....skiing lessons for kids

New Delhi
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Whistler in May....skiing lessons for kids

Hi, I am planning 5 days in whistler with kids (6&9) 13-18may. They have never skied before and I was told that at this time they can only have private lessons. Could someone guide me on group lessons as private ones are really expensive. OR how can we get a group of beginners to take a private lesson by sharing the cost ?

Whistler, P2P and the bike park only open on 18 may and we would be ready to leave by then. Our dates are not flexible. Could you give us ideas on other activities, if we can't do cheaper ski lessons.

Seattle, Wa
Level Contributor
4,707 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whistler in May....skiing lessons for kids

I would call the ski school and ask how many people can share a private lesson. Are you asking how you can meet strangers and have them share the lesson? I suppose that's possible, maybe by asking on message boards like this, though I imagine it could be difficult if you aren't from the area and don't have any contacts. If skiing is the primary purpose of this trip, I'd reschedule so that you are coming during the regular ski season.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whistler in May....skiing lessons for kids

6 people in private lessons.

Yes indeed do call the program, you can wait until the day and then try to group up with other people in a similar situation.

3. Re: Whistler in May....skiing lessons for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:42