We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in whistler with kids

Brooklyn, ny
5 posts
Save Topic
where to stay in whistler with kids

My husband, myself and my 6 year old daughter are planning a week in whistler in mid-March and don't know where to start in terms of where to stay.

4 replies to this topic
British Columbia...
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in whistler with kids

Consider Horstman House

Wonderful quiet location away from crazy village. Free/regular city bus to lifts (5-10 min) and village (max 10 min). Or 15-minute walk to village. Ski out end of day. Next (5 min) to cross-country and snowshoeing in Lost Lake Park. 1 and 2-bedroom fully equipped units.

(Village is crazy busy.)

https://www.horstmanhouse.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g154…

Edited: 30 December 2017, 06:44
Mentioned in this post
Horstman House
Horstman House
179 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Lost Lake
Lost Lake
1,490 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in whistler with kids

I love the quietness of the Creekside area. We’ve had three great AirBnb’s in that area in the last year, either walking distance from the Gondola or a 1-minute drive (Powderview/Marmot area). We are a family of five with kids ages 9, 5, and 1.5. For only 3 people, the 1Br’s there should be great. Parent sleep in Br, kid sleeps on pullout in living room. These places have full kitchens so you can cook in and save on tourist-priced dinners. Other positives are the Creekside Market for food and sundries, free parking at most condo units and in the Creekside Parkade (though no overnight). The Creekside Village has Can-Ski for rentals, bootworks, and winter gear, and Creekside has all of the ski school options you might want.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in whistler with kids

While all my kids are grown - I have stayed on the Backcomb side at The Aspens and think it is perfect for families - You can book through the resort or, as I have done, book privately with the owners. Ski in/out on a green run, quiet and a easy, scenic walk to village centre.

Edited: 30 December 2017, 14:25
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in whistler with kids

I haven’t stayed in the Aspens myself, but a close friend with similarly-aged kids as mine stayed there last year on a joint trip with our family and didn’t care for it. He thought the ski-in ski-out aspect was only useful if the kids weren’t in ski-school (at the bottom of the hill) or were advanced enough (and there was enough time/energy after pickup at ski school) to go *back* up the hill on Wizard/Excalibur and ski in.

The one time we stayed at Blackcomb last year we stayed at Le Chamoix (unit #304, as I recall). Fabulous view of the mountain, and considerably bigger than our Creekside places (with a price tag to match).

Mentioned in this post
Blackcomb Lodge
Blackcomb Lodge
530 Reviews
Whistler, Canada
Reply to: where to stay in whistler with kids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted