We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car Company Open after Midnight at Vancouver Airport?

Which Vancouver hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Rental Car Company Open after Midnight at Vancouver Airport?

My flight arrives at Vancouver Airport (YVR) at 11:46pm.

Are any Rental Car Companies open after midnight to pick up cars?

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,661 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car Company Open after Midnight at Vancouver Airport?

I think your really going to need to check with each agency as I don't think there is a blanket answer. My friend worked at Avis and when late arriving flights were scheduled they stayed open later.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,511 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car Company Open after Midnight at Vancouver Airport?

Go to any travel website (kayak, travelocity, expedia,....) , enter airport code YVR, pickup time(1am) and date, then hit submit.

2 companies showed up for the random date I picked. These sites will return results only if the agency is open at the pickup time you specified and cars are available.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car Company Open after Midnight at Vancouver Airport?

Hertz is usually open. Make sure that you put your flight info into the reservation and they will wait for you.

Flight arrival of 23:46, plus time to get luggage (if checked), clear customs/immigration and walk over to Hertz...

You might want to call them @ YVR to verify after you make the reservation.

San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car Company Open after Midnight at Vancouver Airport?

I tried to book the car at Hertz website but the following message shows up,"Pick-up Date or Time - This location is closed at the time indicated. Please adjust your pick-up or select an alternate location." when I entered 1:00AM as the pick-up time.

I seached a lot and found out that Avis website shows hours of Operation: Sun - Sat 5:00 AM - 1:00 AM and Alamo shows 12:00am-1:30am and 5:30am-11:59pm.

Which one is better company/service now, Avis or Alamo??

5. Re: Rental Car Company Open after Midnight at Vancouver Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 04:15