We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Big White from Vancouver without a car...

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Big White from Vancouver without a car...

hi all

we're settled on Big White and were just wondering what the options are for getting there from Vancouver. I think flying might be expensive and we don't want to hire a car as we won't use it while we're skiing. Can anyone recommend a shuttle bus service or snow train that could get us there?

Thanks!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
25,974 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Big White from Vancouver without a car...

Train travel is neither cheap nor efficient here - too many mountain passes to negotiate. Greyhound bus would be an option, but that can be slow and uncomfortable. Depending on your dates, some ski clubs and shops run all inclusive trips up to the interior resorts, so if I see anything like that, I'll send you the link. Check out flying - it might be cheaper than you think. WestJet is a good option.

Kamloops
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Big White from Vancouver without a car...

Never used them but have seen them mentioned before.

http://www.moosenetwork.com/

Your only choices to get from Vancouver to Kelowna are by vehicle, plane or bus. No train operates to to the Okanagan Valley where Kelowna is situated.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Big White from Vancouver without a car...

I had a bunch of friends go with Destination Snow last year to Big White and they're going again this year.

destinationsnow.com/bigwhite_silverstar.html

Can't be too bad if they're doing it again.

4. Re: Getting to Big White from Vancouver without a car...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 19:17