We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving route options ?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
579 posts
13 reviews
Driving route options ?

What's the better driving route from King Edward skytrain station (area) to 9750 140 St, Surrey during weekday ? Appt at 9 am.

How about on returning trip ? Take Canada highway/ BC- 1 instead ?

Google map shows 2 options.

goo.gl/L3974T

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
13,741 posts
152 reviews
1. Re: Driving route options ?

Heading out you want the hwy 1 route for sure...Avoid hwy 99 as you have the tunnel congestion to deal with. I'd come back the same way , hwy 1 as rush hour should be over by 10 ish

You could do Queensborough Bridge and Marine Drive to Boundary Rd coming back as an alternate if you don't like driving the freeway.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
579 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Driving route options ?

I want to drive the “ Queensborough Bridge and Marine Drive “ on my way home. How can I not miss this route ? what’s the cross street of Queensborough bridge.

I wouldn’t make home without gps in my car or google map in general, I’m terrible in navigating map/ road.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,635 posts
65 reviews
3. Re: Driving route options ?

On your map, I'd take the blue line both ways. I'd go over to Main St to go north to 12th Avenue, rather than Cambie St which heads right for the bridge to downtown. 12th Avenue is a good choice because it is two lanes and no parking is allowed. So you just chug along with only traffic volume to deal with, no parked cars to have to go around. I would leave at 7h30 am which would give you some flex time if traffic is heavy and some flex time for parking and finding your way around the facility.

Do you have an iPhone? Get the App for Google maps, then enter your two destinations into the map. It's the best thing since sliced bread as Google always finds you the fastest route. I have a simple charger plug in (London Drugs) that goes in the cigarette lighter and a USB cord to link that and my phone. The phone battery doesn't drain.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
65 reviews
4. Re: Driving route options ?

You don't hit the tunnel if you're taking option 2. Why you would want to drive the Queensbourough Bridge and Marine Drive way?

It's slower with stop lights on Marine Drive. If you do want to drive that way, there will be a sign overhead. The left side will say Richmond/Vancouver and the right side will say New Westminster.

Keep to the right, get on the QB bridge and keep to the left. There should be a sign saying Burnaby/Vancouver. You'll exit onto Marine Drive.

You can also take transit if you're easily lost. Take a Expo Line train all the way to the end at King George. Walk about 10 minutes or take a short bus or taxi ride to your destination.

Reply to: Driving route options ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted