We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ETA Query/ Concern

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
ETA Query/ Concern

Hi,

We are travelling in July and I have applied for and received confirmation that out ETAs have been approved. Whilst filling in API on British Airways I have for some reason become concerned I have made a mistake entering dates of birth. I logged on to the ETA website and can access our applications and see they are approved, but I cannot see the details entered with the applications. Is there any way for me to see the dates of birth I entered? If I can't and have made a mistake, does anyone know if this would cause a problem on arrival?

Part of me thinks it must be okay as ETAs were approved but I am not convinced from googling that DOB are checked/ linked to as part of the process. For peace of mind I am wondering if I should just apply again. All thoughts/ advice gratefully received.

43 replies to this topic
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
83,365 posts
103 reviews
1. Re: ETA Query/ Concern

Hi lesleyc;

There is no way that I've seen or heard about to check what you submitted.

That said, I doubt that the eTA would have been issued if all the data didn't match.

I don't think you have anything to be concerned about.

Best Regards

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6,766 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: ETA Query/ Concern

Your eTA would not have been approved with an incorrect date. You shpukd be fine to come.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: ETA Query/ Concern

Thank you. I have trawled the net and can’t find any info other than what to do if your email or passport number are wrong. My logical mind says that it wouldn’t have been processed if it was wrong but there’s a little voice saying just redo them! Was surprised I couldn’t go back and double check the detail!

England, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: ETA Query/ Concern

The eta is linked to your passport so I'm sure you are fine. Why don't you ease your mind by firing off an email to immigration.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: ETA Query/ Concern

Thanks. I’ve sent one to eta@canadavisa.com and hopefully will hear in the next few days.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,513 posts
15 reviews
6. Re: ETA Query/ Concern

Um ... where did you apply for your ETA? On the government website, for a total cost $7 CAD per ETA? The email you have supplied above is NOT the official government site.

https:/…eta.html

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
83,365 posts
103 reviews
7. Re: ETA Query/ Concern

eta@canadavisa.com is ***NOT*** the official, Government of Canada website.

AVOID eta@canadavisa.com at all costs !!!

The Canadian eTA costs $7 Canadian. Spoof/scam sites such as eta@canadavisa.com will cost you $7 for a Canadian eTA, PLUS their service fee, totalling about 100 GBP !!!

eta@canadavisa.com is ***NOT*** the official, Government of Canada website.

AVOID eta@canadavisa.com at all costs !!!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: ETA Query/ Concern

Definitely on the correct site. It’s gone through my cc at £4.02 per visa so 7cad. Think as I’ve been googling for info about what happens if dob is wrong, I’ve landed on the dodgy one without realising. Will look in the morning for the correct email to resubmit my query to.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: ETA Query/ Concern

Striking when iron is hot. Have submitted online query re dob on secure.cic.gc.ca website. Feel like an idiot for having the doubt but as we don’t travel until July I would feel like a fool if I didn’t sort it out and there turned out to be an issue.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,595 posts
65 reviews
10. Re: ETA Query/ Concern

The information in this link is the correct information for the eTA.

https:/…edit

If you applied again, you would either be told you have a current eTA or you would pay $7 each for a new eTA.

Reply to: ETA Query/ Concern
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted