We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I stay in the Samesun Hostel or the Cambie?

13 posts
Should I stay in the Samesun Hostel or the Cambie?

Hey everyone!

I'm gonna traveling solo to Vancouver for a few days. I already have an airbnb for most of my stay and plans for what I want to do, but for my last night there (a friday) I want to stay in a hostel. Mostly because I've never stayed in one before and I think it would be a cool experience, but also because I want to meet fellow travelers for a big night out before I head home!

I'm thinking that I want to stay either in the Samesun or the Cambie, since both seem to come up the most when I search for hostels in the city. A pub crawl organized by the hostel would be perfect, but I had someone tell me that Samesun doesn't do those. However, the Samesun seems to be cleaner and have better reviews. Also, I am TERRIFIED of catching bedbugs while I'm there, so if either have a reputation for them please let me know.

So, any thoughts between the two?

5 replies to this topic
Vancouver BC
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
10,937 posts
216 reviews
1. Re: Should I stay in the Samesun Hostel or the Cambie?

Samesun is on the pub crawl street but the Cambie has a very popular bar. Samesun is on the Granville strip with all its activity. Cambie closer to Gastown.

British Columbia...
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: Should I stay in the Samesun Hostel or the Cambie?

Samesun is cleaner, but not a party hostel. Usually how it works. You don't't need to rough it to join a pub crawl...

Edited: 25 October 2017, 19:09
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
3. Re: Should I stay in the Samesun Hostel or the Cambie?

So did you stay in Any of the above mentioned hostel? Also how’s the airbnb experience for a solo traveller in Vancouver? I am also traveling solo, what would you advice?

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,800 posts
1 review
4. Re: Should I stay in the Samesun Hostel or the Cambie?

Not the Cambie-Never the Cambie.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,023 posts
66 reviews
5. Re: Should I stay in the Samesun Hostel or the Cambie?

Rachna ~

Look at the YWCA Hotel. It is downtown, reputable, popular, good location, reliable.

If you would like more help with your trip, use the Ask a Question button to start your own topic.

Reply to: Should I stay in the Samesun Hostel or the Cambie?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted