We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EV Chargers?

Level Contributor
8 posts
33 reviews
13 helpful votes
EV Chargers?

We have an EV and a dinosaur-burner, and much prefer using the EV for long trips. Using the Plugshare app I can see a semi-fast charger in Port Alberni, but can't see any signs of public fast or super-fast chargers in Uke or Tofino. Can local experts advise on presence or absence of chargers? Would need to be CCS or J1772 (i.e. not the Tesla chargers).

Thanks in advance

11 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
87,862 posts
62 reviews
97 helpful votes
1. Re: EV Chargers?

Does this info help at all?

https://chargehub.com/en/countries/canada/british-columbia/tofino.html

Comox Valley, Canada
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
210 reviews
121 helpful votes
2. Re: EV Chargers?

Outside Victoria,VI is not a good charging environment for EVs. Hear it all the time.

Kootenay Rockies...
Level Contributor
3,593 posts
23 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: EV Chargers?

It took me 30 seconds on Google to find the EV charging station on VI… it is not difficult…

Comox Valley, Canada
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
210 reviews
121 helpful votes
4. Re: EV Chargers?

Well of course we have them. But many don't work or have a car plugged in when you get there.

Level Contributor
8 posts
33 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: EV Chargers?

Thanks - nothing other than slow chargers. I'll bring the dinosaur burner

Level Contributor
8 posts
33 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: EV Chargers?

Google shows there are no fast, or even moderately fast, chargers in Tofino. But thanks

7. Re: EV Chargers?

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Level Contributor
8 posts
33 reviews
13 helpful votes
8. Re: EV Chargers?

?? I live in BC. I've driven all over BC and never had a problem charging an EV, but I can't see any fast chargers in Tofino or Uke, and only one in Port Alberni.

Coombs, Canada
Level Contributor
2,713 posts
347 reviews
153 helpful votes
9. Re: EV Chargers?

My son charges his Tesla at the CoOp in Ucluelet, and there is a charger half way at Taylor River stop, but they are not the fast chargers.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
18,097 posts
139 reviews
84 helpful votes
10. Re: EV Chargers?

Why do you want to stress out looking for plug in stations or running out of power on a vacation? You don't need it, just use your guzzler and be stress free.

Reply to: EV Chargers?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tofino
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.