We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greyhound buses???

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Greyhound buses???

Do Greyhound buses run from Prince Rupert? We're planning a trip to the Okanagan area in September and wondered if the bus was a suitable alternative to one way car hire. Any thoughts??

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,487 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Greyhound buses???

Yes - Greyhound runs from there ... is it convenient .. no.

https://www.greyhound.ca/

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Greyhound buses???

Thanks for the link.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32,214 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Greyhound buses???

You might fly, or take the train to Prince George and then take the bus from there. The train is more comfortable.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,916 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Greyhound buses???

hi

i do not think that you will get a one way car hire from Prince Rupert (PR) to Kelowna but might have luck between Prince George (PG) and Kelowna. Via Rail does PR to PG I did a dummy booking and National at the airport shows cars.

for flights you will be routed via YVR which is the hub. Air Canada serves Prince Rupert whereas Terrace which has the regional airport also has Westjet flights.

with Greyhound you get 2 transfers 1st in Prince George (in a not nice area of the city) then 2nd in Kamloops. and if you look at this page you will see that it is a very long journey. https:/…

There is nothing convenient and economical in exploring that part of the world. With a car from PG you could make a stop in Barkerville a reconstructed Gold Mining town. then a very long day gets you to Kelowna

Golden, Canada
Destination Expert
for Regina
Level Contributor
5,388 posts
94 reviews
5. Re: Greyhound buses???

I know the bus ride from Calgary to PG is 22 hours... I'd bet the Prince Rupert to Kelowna is just as bad... find an airport.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32,214 posts
62 reviews
6. Re: Greyhound buses???

However, if you want to see some of the scenery, the train might be the best option. I like the idea of train to PG and then either one way car rental or flight from there. Shame BC Rail isn't running that track south from PG any more. You could ride Via right into Jasper, then pick up a westbound train to Kamloops and do a car rental from there.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Greyhound buses???

thanks everyone. Appreciate your time and comments :)

8. Re: Greyhound buses???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2018, 15:19