We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid April Kelowna Hikes

Kamloops, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Mid April Kelowna Hikes

Hi there, my wife and I will be in Kelowna this coming weekend and seeing as she is from Saskatchewan and hasn’t got to experience the sunny Okanagan like I have I am wondering what hikes would be a some good ones to take her on right now. We would like to have most bang for our buck kinda hikes. She wouldn’t want anything to crazy or steep, she is more of an intermediate hiker. But seeing as I am a more advanced hiker I would like to push her a little bit. Any and all ideas would be amazing. Thanks in advance ☺️

6 replies to this topic
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,665 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid April Kelowna Hikes

hi

you should be in luck for a sunny Okanagan day as that has not been the case so far this spring (-:

It snowed 2 nights ago so you will want to keep to the lower elevation hikes

the water is running pretty good so a hike to a waterfall would be good right now https://www.tourismkelowna.com/do/hiking/

Edited: 19 April 2018, 02:39
Kamloops, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid April Kelowna Hikes

Would the Tressles be a good hike right now?

Comox Valley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid April Kelowna Hikes

Too much snow at the trestles. You might try Mount boucherie or, Pincushion Mtn above Peachland. Beautiful views from both. Stop at the Gasthaus or Bliss Cafe for lunch in Peachland.

Kamloops, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid April Kelowna Hikes

Awesome, many thanks for your advice!!!

Summerland, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid April Kelowna Hikes

HI Dancingdragon555 Shannon from the Summerland Visitor Centre here.

If you don't mind making the 45 min drive south from Kelowna, Summerland has some nice hikes. One of the most popular is Giants Head Mountain. It is located in the middle of Summerland and has amazing views from the top. On average it takes about 2 hours round trip depending on the hiking level.

Just a suggestion!

I am sure you will have a great time no matter what you choose!

Shannon

Summerland Visitor Centre Coordinator.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
242 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid April Kelowna Hikes

Hi dancingdragon555 - Melissa here from Tourism Kelowna. Knox Mountain Park is another popular Kelowna hike (https://www.kelowna.ca/sites/files/1/docs/pa…). There are a number of trails within the park that range from easy to difficult. The park is just on the edge of downtown, so it will provide you with nice views of downtown and of Okanagan Lake.

As Arcosad mentioned, Mount Boucherie and Pincushion Mountain will definitely provide beautiful views. The Eain Lamont Loop of Mount Boucherie, which is the official entrance, is a steep uphill climb, while Pincushion Mountain offers a mildly challenging, but steady, ascent.

We hope you enjoy your time in Kelowna and the Central Okanagan!

Reply to: Mid April Kelowna Hikes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kelowna
Recent Conversations