We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent help on route to Kelowna

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
48 posts
Urgent help on route to Kelowna

Hi ,

I am on my way from Vancouver to Kelowna right now , driving down in my rented Jeep -me and my wife , 50 years of age.

Currently 60kms from Hope .

Was planning to take Highway 3 as more scenic even though longer .

But with the fires, was wondering if we would miss out on all the beauty because of the haze . Wwould the driving extra be worth it ?

Drive BC says - low visibility between Manning and Princeton.

Let me know have your expert advise ASAP.

Regards

Samir

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
21,847 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Urgent help on route to Kelowna

I would defer to drivebc as being the experts in this situation - and you can check the traffic cameras to see what conditions are like in real time. The one at Keremeos looks very smoky right now, and Sunday Summit, a bit harder to tell, but some definite haze for sure.

2. Re: Urgent help on route to Kelowna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2018, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Kelowna
Recent Conversations