We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air quality

6 posts
Air quality

Hi I just want to ask about the air quality right now at Kelowna cause we are going for vacation this coming long weekend and I have a 2 month old baby. Is the air quality getting better? Is it safe now to go there?

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,977 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Air quality

It changed 4 times today when we were driving around and you are only going 7 days from now so the fire near Kelowna could be out by then BUT

since that one only started yesterday just when everything was getting back to normal; there is no guarantee that there will not be something else in the next week.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Kelowna
Level Contributor
596 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Air quality

At the moment, all clear. Sunny and warm for today but as mentioned could change by next weekend.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
3. Re: Air quality

Hi Gene Karen A - Melissa here from Tourism Kelowna. As cbaarch indicated, the air quality can change frequently throughout the day, as it is greatly affected by wind patterns. You can monitor the air quality online here: …gov.bc.ca/epd/…aqhi-table.xml - Kelowna is in the Central Okanagan. The air quality is currently at a 3, which is low risk and means that for the general population, it is ideal air quality for outdoor activities.

The fire that is currently active is located east of the city boundary and is holding in size. A portion of Highway 33 is closed, but this will likely be reopened by the time you are here next weekend. You can monitor road conditions through the DriveBC website: http://www.drivebc.com/.

If you have any other questions in advance of your trip, please let me know. We look forward to welcoming your family to Kelowna next weekend!

6 posts
4. Re: Air quality

Thank you for the information Melissa. Hope everything will be okay this coming week. Since its out first time to travel to Kelowna with my family.

Comox Valley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
200 reviews
5. Re: Air quality

Karen, for up to date visuals, monitor the Kelowna webcams live at castanet.net.

6 posts
6. Re: Air quality

Thank you @Arcosdad

6 posts
7. Re: Air quality

@Tourism Kelowna: Good evening. I just want to ask about the air quality and condition right now at Kelowna? Cause our trip is getting closer. I'm really worried for my baby if its really safe for us to travel to Kelowna this Friday as I have heard this day is not good. Please let me know

Edited: 31 August 2017, 13:11
Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
19,977 posts
28 reviews
8. Re: Air quality

Where are you coming from to get to Kelowna?

the whole west coast has been in smoke for the last 2 days - so if you live in the Lower Mainland you are getting the same as the Okanagan.

Comox Valley, Canada
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
200 reviews
9. Re: Air quality

Keep monitoring those webcams I suggested for live info. There is a huge fire burning south west of Keremeos which will generate massive smoke over the next few days. Winds will dictate exactly where it goes!

6 posts
10. Re: Air quality

@Arcosdad: I am always checking the webcams from the web site you gave me. It's a big help for me. Thanks a lot.

Get answers to your questions about Kelowna
Recent Conversations