We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelodge Edmonton South

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Travelodge Edmonton South

Am thinking of booking this hotel in the Fall. I see Via rail is about a 30 min drive away.. Is there a bus I can take or Uber? Thanks

3 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
23,838 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelodge Edmonton South

How familiar are you with western Canadian cities? They are not like those in the east - Toronto or Montreal. They are much more spread out. Staying at that hotel puts you way down in the south end of the city... the experience would be like staying in Laval when visiting downtown Montreal. There is not much of interest down there - just big box malls and urban sprawl. You would really be better off in a downtown location.

In any event, like most major cities with transit systems, Edmonton transit has a website with a travel planner that will outline how you get to the VIA station.

https:/…edmonton-transit-system-ets.aspx

You can also use google maps transit directions:

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Edmonton
Edmonton
Alberta, Canada
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,102 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelodge Edmonton South

Thanks Not familiar at all. Yes used to Montreal,Toronto, Quebec City etc. Thanks goodness for Trip Advisor.

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Quebec City
Quebec City
Quebec, Canada
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,766 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelodge Edmonton South

My advice is the same as in your last thread from last week, which I am guessing you have not seen. The Travelodge Edm South is not in a convenient location if you do not have a car. I included map and streetview links to give you a better idea of the area.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154914…

Reply to: Travelodge Edmonton South
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted