We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train of Banff to Calgary University

Puerto Vallarta...
1 post
Save Topic
Train of Banff to Calgary University

Hi I Want to go living to Banff But I Will go tu the Calgary University I want to go on a Train You know any train?

P.D I dont want a turist Train.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,025 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train of Banff to Calgary University

Hi CanadienLive;

There is no passenger rail service from Calgary, other than the Rocky Mountaineer tourist train.

Best Regards

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
19,650 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train of Banff to Calgary University

You need to look at a map.

I don't think you realize that Banff is a small town in the mountains more than 120 kilometres from the University of Calgary. There is no public transportation that would allow you to live in Banff and go to school at the university.

Even if you bought a car the commute would be almost 3 hours daily.

Cheers,

Terry

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,648 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train of Banff to Calgary University

Also, because Banff is in a national park and the size of the town is limited (so as to preserve the land in the park as wilderness), to live there, it is necessary to be an "eligible resident" as defined in the "need to reside" clause that is in all residential leasehold agreements. This basically makes it illegal to live in a home or an apartment in Banff unless you have a job, or own and operate a business there.

As it is, housing is in short supply in Banff, and very expensive; many who work there commute from Canmore.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
256 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Train of Banff to Calgary University

Hi C.L.

If you are planning on moving to Calgary you may want to check out a website called citydata. On it we discuss things like commute times, good area's to live etc. This forum is really more for those who want to visit Calgary.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/canada/

5. Re: Train of Banff to Calgary University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2011, 15:17