We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acqua Flamingos Condos

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
WINDSOR
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Acqua Flamingos Condos

Has anyone stayed at this complex?

Can you provide me with some comments on quality of units, location etc

carrot river sk
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Acqua Flamingos Condos

Yes the pool is great but the beach and ocean are even better. I would purchase a sturdy stepping stool if the pool is a definate must. We stayed at Acquas for the month of January and can honestly say that I will probably never stay anywhere else. We are back again for the month of Feb, can not wait!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Acqua Flamingos Condos

Good to know....we rented a unit for the Christmas holidays

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Acqua Flamingos Condos

We are booked for two months starting mid January, first condo stay after 22 All Inclusive resorts(1 - 2 weeks at a time) through out Mexico. Glad to see positive posts and repeat guests.

Pismo Beach...
Level Contributor
2 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Acqua Flamingos Condos

Just returned from Acqua Flamingos over Thanksgiving. The grounds look beautiful. The pools were crystal clear and the beach was amazing. It looks like the new condo administrators are really doing a great job in maintaining and improving this complex. BRAVO!

Smithers, Canada
Level Contributor
209 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Acqua Flamingos Condos

Love it, love it. we were on the first floor. stayed for three weeks, sunshine every day, the place is clean and everyone is so helpful and just plain nice - don't speak english so now i,m learning spanish as we are going back next year for a month. Sun, sand and sea thats the life here

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
768 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Acqua Flamingos Condos

We're looking to rent a 3 bedroom for a week in dec./13. Would anybody like to recommend a unit that they have stayed in? P.M. me, if preffered. thank you.

Red Deer, Canada
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Acqua Flamingos Condos

I sent you a PM, there is a three bedroom listed under Holiday Rentals called Cancion del mar and we stayed there for two months. I did a long review that is posted. If you want I can also PM you a video that we took of the condo.

Edited: 03 April 2013, 05:40
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Acqua Flamingos Condos

My husband and I just stayed in unit 237-239 in Tower 1. We were there from December 16th, 2012 through to March 7, 2013. We stayed in the first unit until the last 3 weeks when we moved to 526 in Tower 1. I have been staying in vacation rentals for 6 years now in several countries. This was definitely one of the worst experiences. The pictures of the unit looked very nice. The reality was quite different. We used Frank Mata from Essenciality Property Manager. Frank was a horrible property manager and caused us alot of grief but the place was also something out of a horror movie. The dining room chairs should have been thrown in the garbage. The dishes were broken and chipped. There wasn't adequate silverware and the pots should have been thrown out also. We had one set of sheets that felt like burlap. I had to go buy towels for the bed, a salad bowl, an iron and pot holders. Frank did pay me back but that was still my time and energy to outfit the place so we could stay. There wasn't even a roll of toilet paper in the condo when we arrived. We had more mosquitos than I have had anywhere - probably because of the pond below. We had ants all over the kitchen and bees. It was pretty wild to say the least. Also the bed was hard as a board and the pillows flat and stained. One night we came home to the apt. flooded as the hose in the sink had broken. I had to pay for the repairs and then wait for almost a month to be reimbursed. The blinds didn't work in the condo either. Fans were so noisy that we couldn't sleep with them on. Thankfully it was cool at night but I can't imagine renting this place when the weather was hotter. We moved upstairs to another suite and when I asked where the blanket was, I was told that the owner did not provide a blanket. That was when I completely lost my temper - thankfully I speak fluent Spanish - and I got a blanket, a new pot and some towels for the kitchen. It seems that many of the owners do not care and why should they? They are being ripped off by administration and the developer. The owner of the second place walked in on us after we had moved in. She didn't even know that we were staying at her place even though I had paid administration $1500 for the 3 weeks! Before we left, the place stunk because the sewer bill hadn't been paid and they had shut off something that affected the sewer. We were also told to ration water. Internet was also horrible - we spent a fortune on calling back to the States for business on our Mexican cell phone because the internet wasn't strong enough for Skype. On the flip side to all of this negative feedback is that the beach is fabulous and the pool is amazing. You won't ever see a pool this big anywhere. It really is something else. Will I ever rent here? NEVER again. I walked out of there a month ago, happy to see the last of the place I have rented many very nice places in Mexico. This is NOT one of them.

Elliot Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
19. Re: Acqua Flamingos Condos

While you were there, should of checked out other units. Nor everybody is a slob. We rented there in the past and while our unit was adequate we checked out others also and are renting an other already checked out unit through the owner . Also it is important that the property manager is on site. Sorry about your bad experience, there are many who had the opposite. Including us. Our unit we are renting this time through owner, has everything in the kitchen even a crockpot, screens on patio doors and BBQ on patio....and for my husband the most important thing...satelite dish to get North American stations. The only thing we miss is stairs in the pool but for that I have to wait until the "cows get home"

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
228 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Acqua Flamingos Condos

Hello Jan,

From your post, I can tell that you and your husband are such a lovely couple. And I am so deeply saddened to learn about your unpleasant vacation experience while renting at Acqua. It's very upsetting. Therefore, I feel you are entitled to a response that will give you important insights on the situation you experienced. The un-maintained condo you stayed at, condo #237/239, is owned by Luz Valencia, the mother of developer Eduardo Valencia. She is also the owner of the condo right next door; both units face the pools.

It absolutely sends shivers down our spine to learn through you, via your recent post, that this unscrupulous woman Luz has enlisted the help of local realtor Frank Mata from Essenciality Realty in PV to rent out her abandoned unit. I specifically use the word "abandoned" because Eduardo Valencia and his mother Luz have not stepped one foot on the property for approximately two years now. In the latter part of 2011, we American, Canadian, European and Mexican-National owners all banned together to take back our beautiful complex from the corrupt developer, forming our own HOA to tend to the buildings, grounds, pools, and common areas.

It's so very important for everyone that reads these reviews to know that we condo owners of Acqua absolutely DO care about our condos and the entire complex, as we all have invested so much of ourselves in the property - our hearts, our love, our time, and a huge bulk of our retirement funds. Together we are all firmly invested in maintaining and improving the property and its image. Now that we owners have control of the HOA, we are able to oversee the management of the property, ensuring the complex is steadily being brought into line with the high standards expected of a luxury complex. As can be enjoyed and experienced from any one of the multitude of luxury condos in the complex, which are well-maintained by the individual owners, Acqua truly is a beach-front paradise! As a condo owner in the complex, I have been lucky enough to develop some really great friendships with many of the American, Canadian, European and Mexican condo owners, and therefore have had the unique opportunity of being able to actually visit and tour a large number of the condos in both towers. My honest review of this experience is that Acqua owners are extremely proud of their clean, well-maintained, and well-furnished units. My own unit is completely stocked and furnished with only high-end items. My husband and I pay a maintenance man and his wife to make weekly visits to our condo when it is vacant for dusting, cleaning and airing out the unit. Using the free phone app Viber, our cleaner makes a weekly phone call to my husband to report in and to let us know if anything else is needed to keep the unit in excellent condition. In addition to this, we visit our condo regularly to enjoy it, and to make sure that it stays true to the pictures we've posted on the rental site VRBO. We keep our condo fresh looking, immaculate and well stocked with everything imaginable to keep all of our wonderful guests comfortable and happy. And like the majority of other Acqua owners, we do not have any roaches in our unit - a situation like that is absolutely unacceptable, to say the least.

We feel lucky that our new HOA is very responsive to the owners' suggestions, including remedying the mosquito issue that you talked about. In April/May (my husband and I were at Acqua for 6-weeks during this period) the HOA completely drained out the gigantic Koi ponds that the developer had stocked with various fish, rocks and plants. The area is being cleaned out in preparation for resurfacing. It is currently proposed that it be remodeled as a lovely, clear-water fountain or water-feature area that can be chlorinated and kept sparkly clean just like the swimming pools. Because of the sheer size of the area, the estimated cost of this improvement, with installation of new pumps and filters, is approximately $10K USD. Like I mentioned earlier, our new HOA is committed to maintaining and IMPROVING the complex.

Your post mentioned being asked to "ration" water. Similar to hotels and resorts in California, Mexico, Costa Rica, and I'm sure around the world as well, our new HOA at Acqua is absolutely on-board with embracing the concept of being eco-friendly; they've posted up signs by the elevators to remind both owners and guests to "conserve water." Additionally, our new HOA just sent the owners a monthly update about their progress in installing a more eco-friendly and efficient irrigation system for watering the expansive and gorgeous green areas of the complex.

Many of us American, Canadian and Mexican owners have our Acqua condos listed on the rental site VRBO, as well as on other rental sites. Those who rent condos through these venues have an opportunity to speak with the owners directly and ask any questions before renting their units. Potential guests can even view the many detailed photos, wonderful comments and positive feedback left on VRBO and other rental sites from guests who have stayed in the various units and have fully enjoyed their time in Paradise. Many of us owners at Acqua have excellent on-site property managers who are actually fellow American and Canadian owners; these awesome property managers are right there ready to attend to the needs of our rental guests. Other owners have wonderful rental managers who live either in PV or the surrounding area, and are also very attentive to condo maintenance and guest relations. I must also point out that "the administration" (our HOA) is not in any way, shape, or form responsible for maintaining the interiors of the individual condo units; this responsibility lies solely with each condo owner and his/her chosen property management team.

Jan, I truly speak for all Acqua owners when I say I am deeply sorry for your unfortunate rental experience. This is way out of the norm. I feel that much of the responsibility for this negative experience lies soundly in the lap of the developer's mother Luz Valencia, who is the owner of the unit you rented, as well as her property manager whom you stated was: FRANK MATA from ESSENCIALITY realty company located in Puerto Vallarta. I think your review rightfully belongs as a Tripadvisor post about his rental firm. The rental of an unkept, unstocked unit in total disrepair is totally unacceptable, and is a direct reflection on him and his company's business values.

Thank you Jan for taking the time to share your story.

- Owner at Acqua