We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What cocktail to order ?

Which Nuevo Vallarta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pacific City, Oregon
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Topic
What cocktail to order ?

Will be staying at the Rui Pacifico for 2 days in October before heading to the Playa Royale for 9 days. Not a big experienced drinker as far a cocktail names. Looking for something to drink by the pool in the day, not to sweet and not mega calories. Any suggestions? Prefer tequila and rum based drinks.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
9,795 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What cocktail to order ?

The first thing that comes to mind is Rum & Coke made with Pepsi Light or Coke Zero; I like it with a wedge or slice of fresh lime (ask for "limon"). Also tequila or rum mixed with the fruit juice of your choice. Tequila Sunrise or Rum Punch would be great.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What cocktail to order ?

My first drink is a Miami Vice made with Appletons rum....after that I switch to Margaritas on the rock made with a better tequila....

Also Tom Collins(made with gin) blended with ice are really good :)

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,846 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What cocktail to order ?

How about a Charro Negro....tequila and coke but you can ask for coke light ie: diet....

Arnprior
Level Contributor
731 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What cocktail to order ?

I believe a Dirty Monkey is in order.

If you order a drink at the piano bar at night (from Gilberto!!! order a Mango Martinni, its not on the menu, he made them for us while we were there last month. He is the only one that knows how to make them.

Bakersfield
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What cocktail to order ?

Water or Agua Mineral Would be the low cal choice.

Ok I will generally drink margaritas or tequila on the rocks

But I order with better tequilas like Patron, Don Julio, or even Gran Centenario. Cuervo Traditional is also good I will not order regular Jose Cuervo It is made with a great percentage of sugar cane. I also will not order Cheap tequilas. Tequila sunrise also came to my mind. ONLY 100 Per cent AGAVE for me

Belvidere, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: What cocktail to order ?

I like the electric lemonade. You have to make sure they make it frozen. It consists of vodka, lemonade and melon liquor. It is so refreshing and tasty around the pool.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What cocktail to order ?

I wondered what the Electric Lemonade was made of!

Thank you :D

I enjoyed it a few times at Marival and Iberostar and it was a frozen icy blend of tart, sweet and sour then I ordered one this Feb at Dreams and not so good....not icy, certainly not blended and ickly sweet.

They would be easy to make at home with a blender :)

Pacific City, Oregon
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What cocktail to order ?

The electric lemonade sounds like my best choice so far. Keep the suggestions coming. thanks

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What cocktail to order ?

Also Palomas (wrng spllng) are nice tart and refreshing after way too many foo foo sweet drinks.

I have only had four on my lifetime but each time I think, "OHHHH these are GREAT" then I forget about then until next time I am in Mexico >;D

I *think* it is Grapefruit juice, a good brand of tequila and maybe 7-up or a citrus based pop like fresca??

Very yummy and refreshing :)

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,442 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What cocktail to order ?

I had a Dirty Monkey at Dreams <--that sounds so wrong.....

It was good but very filling, for me it would have been lunch ;D