We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the cheapest way from Playa to Puerto Adventuras?

Holmen, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
What is the cheapest way from Playa to Puerto Adventuras?

I have read that an ADO bus or a Collectivo, how do I know where to get off and are there taxis there to take me to the hotel? thanks for your help.

3 replies to this topic
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the cheapest way from Playa to Puerto Adventuras?

Jodi,

The ADO and Collectivo are the least expensive ways to get to PA from Playa de Carmen.

Will you be carrying luggage with you? How many people in your group?

ADO may not be the easiest because you will need to locate the bus station, then pay in pesos for the trip.

Collectivo is very inexpensive, but again, I am not the most knowledgeable person to tell you how to go about doing that from Playa.

We have taken a taxi fairly simply and it is approximately $20 one way. 4 people can fit in a taxi cab...there are larger taxi's that can hold 5 or 6 people. The Taxi will go directly to your hotel. I am not sure about the ADO, but I think not. The collectivo will drop you off on the highway and you will have to walk to the hotel. It is not a "far" walk (at least not to the Catalonia. I don't know where you are actually going), but it is too far with luggage, and the heat can be bad, depending on what time of day. I wouldn't want to walk it at night...not much lighting. You might be able to hail a taxi from the gate area of PA and have them take you to the hotel. Prob a $5 fee or something like that.

To me, the easiest way is to get a taxi from Playa and be on your way.

Caribbean
Level Contributor
8,538 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the cheapest way from Playa to Puerto Adventuras?

Colectivo fare from Playa to PA is 20 to 30 pesos. When you get on, tell the driver where you're going -- he'll stop on the highway, and you pay what he says. From the highway, you have to get to the hotel, but I don't know about taxis waiting -- I'd guess that there are taxis coming & going all the time so you might get lucky and find an empty one.

If you have a lot of luggage, colectivo is perhaps not the best way to go because most vans don't have space for luggage. Some do have space, so look for one of those.

PA is not on the list of ADO destinations, but a Mayab bus should stop on the highway. You can get a Mayab bus at the 5th Ave. ADO terminal. Ask the driver to stop at PA.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,181 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the cheapest way from Playa to Puerto Adventuras?

MisterB,

Do you know if she rides the Mayab bus from 5th and they stop at PA, will they take her to her hotel or will she still need to hail a taxi?

Reply to: What is the cheapest way from Playa to Puerto Adventuras?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted