We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms at the Barcelo Palace

Save Topic
Rooms at the Barcelo Palace

Hi!

We have finally decided to book at the Barcelo Maya Palace. and now we are wondering, how to get a nice decent room location, not too far from the ocean/kids water park.

Also since we have a 1 year old we are wondering how loud is at night and what location will be best night noise wise.

Thank you again for your help.

4 replies to this topic
Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms at the Barcelo Palace

Palace is very quiet.. the theater is in doors and behind the lobby.. just email ahead 7-10 days prior and ask for a location close to what you want.. all subject to availability..

Pocatello, Idaho
Level Contributor
700 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms at the Barcelo Palace

Noise not so much of an issue - Palace section is very long - 2 rows of buildings that stretch back perpendicular from the beach. The building closest to the beach is an upgrade ($).

Our first night we were all the way in the back (i.e., closer to the highway) - it was a long walk - however we requested a move the next day and had a great room in the first non-premium building right by the pool and the beach.

Barcelo overall gets high marks, but the lowest marks they get are usually related to the front desk / room requests / etc. So try your best to make a request about a week in advance.

Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms at the Barcelo Palace

thanks!

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
976 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms at the Barcelo Palace

We have been to the Palace three times in the last two years. If you want a room close to everything, and room location really matters to you, then book a Premium level room. This section of the resort , although it only has two buildings is quite large and if you located at the end of one of the buildings it can be quite a trek, especially with a young child, or a physical disability of any kind. I would like to be able to say that they honour room requests that you email in, but its a complete game of Russian Roulette. Even for returning guests. You will find others, who have been lucky with requests, and thats awesome. It wasnt our experience, even when I emailed with an knee injury, in low season, I was as far away as it was possible to put me. SO, in summary, at Barcelo, at the Palace, Book premium level and you will be wonderfully close to everything. Its a lovely resort, but this particular aspect was an issue for us personally, so we took control and started booking Premium level. Hope that helps. You will love the resort. Its simply lovely!

Reply to: Rooms at the Barcelo Palace
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted