We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just booked Barcelo!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Just booked Barcelo!

Just booked for Jan. Hope I made the right decision ;) my 11 year old is celiac and needs to eat gluten free. Anyone have experiences with that here?

Booked through transat " Barcelo maya grand resort" apparently you can be placed in either beach or tropical.

Any tips or suggestions about this place?

14 replies to this topic
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,084 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Just booked Barcelo!

Sadekat- not sure what you mean by 'very dark pool with bridges'- but look at this map:

https:/…

Only guests staying at the Palace section can use the Palace restaurants, pools, etc.

Westlake, Ohio
Level Contributor
59 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Just booked Barcelo!

MMMMMMMmmm not sure exactly what you mean. There are large dark blue pools with bridges at the Beach Resort where we stayed plus a brand new lap pool with about 5-6 lanes. I never went to the Palace so I don't know if there is anything special there pool-wise. BTW I forgot to mention that the Premium Upgrade package includes free Wifi ... regular bookings do not.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,794 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Just booked Barcelo!

Can you use the spa if you didn't upgrade?

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Just booked Barcelo!

I'm so lost, which one should we book for our honeymoon, just the two of us? I was looking at the colonial. All of them have good reviews, The beach one seems to lack for food. We love food and the beach I would like somewhere that has two of those things 5/5. please hlep.

thank you,

Reply to: Just booked Barcelo!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted