We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream Puerto Aventuras

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dream Puerto Aventuras

I've seen some older reviews but looking for more recent information. Is this resort good for kids? Are there activities to keep them busy.... 8 and 12 years old

4 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dream Puerto Aventuras

I can only help you by bumping this up since you haven't gotten any replies. We were there Easter 2010 maybe? I wasn't writing reviews back then. My kids would have been 10, 11 and 13. I loved it because the size was suitable that I could let my kids run around with other kids they met and still be somewhat close by. There was some okay snorkeling right on the beach which was good for beginners. The staff was just fantastic. The small town is within walking distance. The kids participated in soccer, billiards, loved the Euro bungee but we had to line up about 30 minutes before it started otherwise, you wouldn't get a turn. There is (or was) a natural ocean pool there and they jumped off the side...a lot. They played on the ocean trampoline and iceberg, although, if it was too windy, it wasn't available. They won prizes for bingo, hula hoop contest, etc..

Big downside (although this might have changed since we were there) - pool area seemed small for the size of the resort. Also, the beach area is more hard packed with a thin layer of sand over it rather than deep fluffy sand.

Happy Travels!

new jersey
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dream Puerto Aventuras

Hello jessica, as backatit63 had mentioned in their post we also traveled several years ago (2012) to this resort so I cant provide you any up to date intel on the resort. I can say when we were there the resort did a lot to entertain children of their age. My sons were the same age, and although we did alot of excursions never seemed bored for the 10+ days. They had a very entertaining and enthusiastic group that would round up kids and adults alike for various activities throughout the day. They also (for a nominal fee if I remember correct) had ceramics painting and other things throughout the stay. They put up a large screen on the beach and played Monday Night Football and also a kids movie on different nights.

I also would further backatit63 sentiments about the pool and beach.. very small, but although alot of groups were in and out of the pool all day, it never felt crowded and the swim up bar was outstanding..

My younger son was entertained in the small wading pool the entire vacation and played with several other kids his age, actually gave us a hard time when we would leave the resort for excursions to stay and play! again this was from several years ago so I hope it helps in your planning!

Absolutely love Riviera Maya, 3 weeks and we'll be at the Hard Rock!

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
Hard Rock Hotel Riviera...
11,345 Reviews
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dream Puerto Aventuras

Was there in March. I didn't have kids with me, but it's pretty family friendly. The beach is shallow a long way out so they can play, swim, snorkel with little fear. There's a kids club that gets pretty good reviews. The entertainment crew at the main pool does a good job of including old and young in activities all day. The swim up bar staff treated kids as well as the adults with their non-alcoholic concoctions.

They don't necessarily have the big water feature or massive pool as Barcelo, but I doubt they'd get bored!

Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
829 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dream Puerto Aventuras

Our kids enjoyed it, boys ages 8 and 10, lots to do. Our boys loved the oversized hot tub the most! Unfortunately we had a leaking issue in our room. It kept flooding. Customer service was mediocre which is not the norm for a Dreams. We’ve stayed at eight other Dreams and they are wonderful resorts.

Reply to: Dream Puerto Aventuras
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted