We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Maya Palace Premium upgrade?

Morganville, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Maya Palace Premium upgrade?

I trying to get an idea how much would it cost to upgrade to a Club premium in Barcelo Maya palace and if it is worth it. Aside of the loom location and beach towels in the room, I see that you get free internet? also, Spa facilities are included with premium level (otherwise it is $40 per person). So, I m trying to decide if the cost of upgrading is worth it or it is better to go a la corte? We are family of 4 (two adults one teenager and one kid).

8 replies to this topic
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Premium upgrade?

Not worth it $$$, IMO but the difference for our family would have been 500 usd more.

There is free internet in the mall everyday (guessing 4 hours) so again, not worth it. There are no real ocean front rooms, so again, not worth it.

The only thing we did miss was the free room service, but if you have to have this the price is small compared to the upgrade cost.

Edited: 27 September 2017, 03:51
Morganville, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Premium upgrade?

Thank you for you reply! I also heard that daily premium access passes can be purchased as well? Obviously there will be no room upgrades, but things like free wifi and spa access can be included. Not sure if they worth it.

Edited: 27 September 2017, 06:26
Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
976 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Premium upgrade?

Premium Level at the Palace, as far as rooms go, is all about location. The rooms, themselves, are the same. Room service is free, wifi is free and and my understanding the only part of the Spa services that are free is the water circuit, which if free for all Premium level guests throughout the whole Barcelo Maya Grande complex. To me, having been given a room at the very back of the Oxaca building, facing the parking lot, despite emailing, booking a year ahead and explaining that due to a knee injury we needed a room close to everything, did NOTHING. So we decided to take charge and book what we need/ want. For us, its really worth it, to know exactly where our room will be located. We also love the Premium lounge and private check-in. Yes, for sure, it can get busy too, but at least its air conditioned, with lots of drinks available and places to sit down. Its all about whats important to you. As far as upgrade price, once I decide I want a room catagory, I dont wait for chance that I can get it at a discount at check-in. If I want it , I book it. We paid $2108 US for Premium Level Pool view for a week and we are arriving October 21. Hope that helps. Also, room service charges for non-premium level are per order. Not per item. So a flat fee for the whole order.

Edited: 27 September 2017, 06:37
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Premium upgrade?

Caribe-Harlequin46-where did you stay with a parking lot view, I can't remember any rooms like this there? We also stayed in the very back (as far back as you can get without staying in the $$$ one family suite room) and our view was not a parking lot. See my pic:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g153510-d673129-Reviews-Barcelo_Maya_Palace-Puerto_Aventuras_Yucatan_Peninsula.html#photos;geo=153510&detail=673129&aggregationId=101

... It was actually convenient to stay in the back, IMO because we were close to walk to the shuttle.

Edited: 29 September 2017, 01:41
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Premium upgrade?

The link I provided just goes to all pictures. If you go into my pictures by clicking on Lynz D you can see the balcony view we had, which was just fine. We didn't really use the balcony but did see plenty of wildlife from it. Again, IMO not worth the extra $$$.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Premium upgrade?

We stayed at the Colonial with the Premium Level. We loved going to the spa for the water circuit everyday before we went back to our room to prepare for the evening! The wifi was good. Also I couldn't get my husband to quit booking the a la carts! We have been to the Barcelo Mayan resorts 5 times and always plan to return. If we can't afford the Premium Level next time we will add on the crazy fee for internet and the spa as it is now part of "our special" thing to do! Enjoy your trip! We have stayed non C/P 4/5 times and we LOVED IT ALL except the internet fee!

Colbert, Washington
Level Contributor
811 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Premium upgrade?

Does anyone know the cost to add WiFi to a room? Does a go by each device? Looking to connect 3 devices for the kids. Thanks.

Morganville, New...
Level Contributor
92 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Maya Palace Premium upgrade?

each Internet pass if for just two devices. I think it is about

$6-7 a day. Only two devices can be connected at the same time.

Edited: 29 November 2017, 01:43
Reply to: Barcelo Maya Palace Premium upgrade?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted