We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

2 posts
Save Topic
tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

what is tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo right now?

47 replies to this topic
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

Pull up the travelers advisories from whatever country you are from. Your bio does not list what country you are from.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

I was in seek with an a hole from March 2 to March 12. The main dangers i saw were sunburns and stumbling while drunk.

enjoy. ;-)

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,450 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

"seek with an a hole"? :0

I try to avoid traveling with those, myself, DYNAMISTO ;)...... lol....gotta love those voice-to-text spelling errors!

Jeff, I agree, look up the travel advisories for Mexico from Canada or the US or wherever you are from.

It's good to be educated, no matter where you are going. This destination is similar to pretty much all the other tourist areas in Mexico right now, things to be aware of but generally safe for tourists.

But I can say I would not hesitate to travel to this area right now, and have read several reports from people recently returned, all very positive.

Personally I would say use basic common sense as you would traveling anywhere. No flashing cash or expensive looking jewelry in public, be aware when using the ATMs, use the safe in your room for all valuables and don't carry any with you or leave unattended. I would avoid wandering around after dark in unfamiliar areas, particularly not alone or drunk, or away from the 'touristy areas'-take a taxi instead. I wouldn't venture inland in this area at all, others will tell you it's safe to do so though, that is a personal choice but easy enough to avoid doing on a short term vacation anyway.

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,350 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

trolling

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,570 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

“ seek with an a hole “ ha! Wow, that is the best voiced to text dictation error I have seen in a while.

winnipeg
Level Contributor
259 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

Really people ! Scammed again

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,450 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

I considered that it was likely a troll, but figured that others clicking on reading the thread might appreciate a serious answer.

There are more people reading these forums than posters in them, after all. And many newbies don't look for older threads.

2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

No, that was an honest question. We have a friend who has a World Mark resort condo and wants us to go there with her. We heard bad things about the area on the news.

9. Re: tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 March 2018, 05:35

10. Re: tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 March 2018, 05:35

Reply to: tourist safety level for Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted