We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mens mountain bike

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
mens mountain bike

I will be in Ixtapa for 2 months this January & February and am looking to purchase a used men's mountain bike in good condition. I ride daily and quite early therefore a daily or hourly rental is just not practical. Is there a used web site such as craigslist or Kijiji where I can look to find a bike? Thanks for any help. Ken

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: mens mountain bike

You can try here:

http://www.zihuatanejo.net/tablero/index.php

Keith

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
249 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: mens mountain bike

I bought mine from one of the bike rental places in Ixtapa. Still have it 5 yrs later. See you on the bike path.

Look it over. Very cheap to repair in Mx.

Edited: 05 September 2017, 08:09
Trail, Canada
Level Contributor
3,921 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: mens mountain bike

Ken, there is a good sized pawnshop that may be worth a look if you have no luck until arrival. From the main bus transfer stop for Ixtapa, near a store called Electromart. proceed on foot as if you were going to Ixtapa on that main road. No more than a block or two on your right you will see the store. They have everything from cameras to fridges.

A friend was riding highway bikes with some local bike shop owners pretty regularly and a bike shop might even do a buy back deal when you go home. They were nice folks and while I didn't get shop details that possibility exists.

Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: mens mountain bike

I have rented bicycles in Ixtapa on all six of my trips there. I ride hard for the conditioning. On one trip I broke the pedal off the cheap rental bike as I was ascending the mountain separating Ixtapa from Zihua. The owner was apologetic and gave me the use of his own personal bicycle as a replacement. The bike rental place in Ixtapa is very friendly and accommodating. I wouldn't be concerned about getting hooked up with a rental bike that fits your vacation schedule.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
5. Re: mens mountain bike

thanks....

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
6. Re: mens mountain bike

thanks very much....I will look into it.

Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: mens mountain bike

Also, a great place to ride...but not alone...is up the mountain that separates Ixtapa and Zihua. I've done it alone but now it is too risky....just go to the Las Brisas and then keep going on. You will eventually pop out on the road descending down to Zihua.

8. Re: mens mountain bike

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2018, 14:17