We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

We are considering Las Brisas for the first two nights of our 9 night stay in Ixtapa. Third party sites like Expedia show an all-inclusive option for their Deluxe Room category, but there is no all-inclusive rate on Las Brisas's own website. I want to know if the all-inclusive option is available for their suites. I have emailed the hotel directly (twice, two different addresses), the Las Brisas group, and Prefered Hotels; I have received NO response. On Friday I called Prefered Hotels, and they said they are waiting to hear back from the resort.

Has anyone EVER been able to contact this resort? If so, what method/email address did you use? I have never encountered this before. Very frustrating.

38 replies to this topic
Minnesota
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

Go old school and telephone them. 011-52-755 553 2121. Although I would wait until Monday.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

As MNfish aka ZihuaRob recommends, wait at least until Monday. It has been my experience and that of others here that businesses in Mexico, especially hotels are very slow to get back to you. I'm also pretty sure that the AI is available for all their room categories.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

I don't speak Spanish, so I don't think calling them will be fruitful. The emails were sent over a week ago. Maybe I'll call Prefered Hotels again and ask for a supervisor--it's not a difficult question. You'd think they would be eager to prevent someone from booking through a third party site.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

I have had no problems contacting the hotel.

I usually receive an answer back in a week or so, when contacting them though the corporate site.

https://www.lasbrisashotels.com.mx/en/

That said, to answer your question, all rooms can be booked All Inclusive or, European Plan, except for the Beach Club rooms that come with the Continental Breakfast package, and AI can be upgraded to there.

Some things to be aware of: Room Service is not provided under A.I. but is charged at a discounted price. Not all restaurants are available on a daily basis. Days are alternated between El Mexican and Puertofino.

Brisa II is only open during the Winter Season (mid December start or so) (this is the restaurant over looking the beach on the cliff-side out of doors)

And finally, many of the offerings are Up Charges on the menu. Some of the Shrimp dishes, ad most of the Steak or Lobster dishes.

From past experience Canadians get a better deal on A.I. than we do from the U.S.

That said, we have not ever found it to be cost effective for us booking from Minnesota. We save a bunch just signing for what we actually consume.

Keith

Minnesota
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

They will, of course, speak English.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

Yes. They will.

I send my requests in Spanish with the original English before translation tacked on as well, and the replies have always come back in English.

Keith

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

The Deluxe Room is $95 CAD per night; with the all-inclusive plan it's $198 CAD per night. So $103 extra seems like a great deal for three meals and drinks. What I am wondering is if we are interested in the Fiesta Suite, will the all-inclusive rate just be $103 above the room-only rate on the Las Brisas site? Expedia and the other third party sites do not offer the suites.

Every other property I have contacted in the past two weeks--Capella, Aura Del Mar, Las Palmas, Tentaciones, and Puerta Paraiso--has gotten back to me within 24 hours, so I don't understand why there is a problem with a major resort like Las Brisas.

Edited: 10 July 2017, 03:04
Minnesota
Level Contributor
6,132 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

Yes, the Per Person rate for A.I. is the same regardless of the room you book.

If you want to see if you can save a Loonie, then book the Standard Room A.I. and once you have a conformation number then email the conformation number with a request for room upgrade to whatever suite you are interested in.

This is how we book the hotel, and the upgrade rate though the hotel is usually less that the Booking Rate for the suite.

Keith

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,336 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

Really? Hmm...that is tempting. Thanks!

UNITED STATES
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?

Keith is the las brisas king!

Reply to: Las Brisas: Has ANYONE ever been able to contact this hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ixtapa