We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roosville border wait times

Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Roosville border wait times

We will be driving from the US to Canada at the Roosville crossing on Memorial Day at 3 pm and will be returning to the US on the following Saturday at around noon. How long should we expect the wait at the border to be? I read on the US border crossing site that the waits can be as long as 3-4 hours. Is this true?

Is there a way to find out what the wait times are on line. We live near Windsor and can go online to check wait times but I could not fine a listing for Roosville. Thank You for any input, we have a 4 hour drive after we cross the border and would love to have an idea so that we can plan accordingly.

Best Seller
Niagara Falls Canadian Side Tour and...
1,088 Reviews
from USD 109.95*
Best Seller
Vancouver to Victoria and Butchart...
1,416 Reviews
from USD 165.00*
Best Seller
Niagara Falls in One Day: Deluxe...
1,133 Reviews
from USD 149.95*
7 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,138 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roosville border wait times

You received a number of responses on your other post about this:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g659487…

There is no online live wait time info for this crossing.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 04:50
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,701 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roosville border wait times

As I said on the other thread. Roosville is small, and there are no posted wait times because of that. You take your chances, but the earlier you get there the better - peak time would be early-> late afternoon I imagine.

Michigan
Level Contributor
23 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roosville border wait times

Thank you! Our flight from Michigan does not arrive until 2pm so unfortunately by the time we get luggage and the rental car we will most likely be at peak time. : (

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,138 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roosville border wait times

Just to clarify ... these crossings are nothing like the Detroit-Windsor or even the Port Huron - Sarnia or Niagara crossings ... nowhere near as busy or as large as those.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,701 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roosville border wait times

Where are you flying to? Kalispell?

If so you should still be at the border by 4 or so. Even if you wait for an hour (unlikely on a non-holiday Monday in May) you will have a good 4 hours of daylight to get to your destination, which I assume is Banff?

Roosville is a one lane/two booth crossing. It is relatively busy on long weekends here when Albertans and British Columbians head south to shop and enjoy Montana - but its still nothing like Windsor etc.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
1,969 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roosville border wait times

This is the Rooseville Canadian crossing. https://goo.gl/maps/W2oPzvyUWz52

Doesn't look busy enough for electronic monitoring!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,701 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roosville border wait times

Where is your flight coming in to? Kalispell?

Even if you sit at the border for an hour (and on an ordinary Monday in May I think thats unlikely) you will still have a goodly amount of daylight - I'm assuming you are driving to Banff.

Reply to: Roosville border wait times
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted