We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Squamish to Nanaimo public transport

Whistler, Canada
3 posts
Squamish to Nanaimo public transport

Hi there.

Just wondering what the best way to get from Squamish to Nanaimo is. We don’t have a car, so will need to take public transport.

Thanks in advance.

Lesley

6 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
32,669 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Squamish to Nanaimo public transport

You need to get to Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver. The Squamish Tourism website details transport options.

https://www.exploresquamish.com/trip-planning

Not sure what your options are for getting off at Horseshoe Bay...at worst you may have to go into Vancouver and back out again.

Whistler, Canada
3 posts
2. Re: Squamish to Nanaimo public transport

Thanks. I’m wondering specifically about where the Greyhound bus drops you off in West Vancouver as I assume we will then need to pick up a bus back to Horseshiw Bay? Which bus would this be?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,987 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: Squamish to Nanaimo public transport

Greyhound.ca does a very poor job of servicing Horseshoe Bay. It may mean going as far as Pacific Central Station, then taking Skytrain from Main Station to Stadium Station. Walking along Dunsmuir to about Cambie St to the bus stop for the #257 Horseshoe Bay Express. It's a very large back track.

I believe Greyhound stops at the bottom of Taylor Way beside Park Royal North. Then there is a walk of about 350 metres to the #257 Horseshoe Bay Express bus stop along Marine drive away.

Map: cbc.ca/news/business/westjet-alpa-pilots-str…

I know the red pin is the #257 bus stop. There are a couple of other stops near it. I don't know if Greyhound stops at the foot of Taylor Way these days, next to the Bay. If that works, it would save you about 45-50 minutes of travel to PCS and back.

Whistler, Canada
3 posts
4. Re: Squamish to Nanaimo public transport

Thank you all for your replies.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,987 posts
66 reviews
5. Re: Squamish to Nanaimo public transport

Sorry, I see I didn’t copy the map link, but pasted a link that was previously copied. I will get on my computer tonight and get you the correct link.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,987 posts
66 reviews
6. Re: Squamish to Nanaimo public transport

Here's the correct map link to show the walk from what I believe is the Greyhound stop to the #257 Horseshoe Bay Express Stop.

https://goo.gl/maps/8HHPsMvwkwx

Reply to: Squamish to Nanaimo public transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted