We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a dentist

Frisco, texas
Level Contributor
56 posts
401 reviews
Save Topic
Need a dentist

I need to get custom mouth guards made to prevent overnight grinding. Local dentist in USa wants $800 for this; which is way too much. Since I am going to be in Zacatecas, Mexico soon, I was wondering if someone can recommend a good dentist that can take care of me; I don't know much Spanish so will need someone on staff who can converse in English.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Zacatecas
Zacatecas
Zacatecas, Mexico
5 replies to this topic
Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
for San Luis Potosi, Zacatecas
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a dentist

https:/…443409685763007

this place is a good medical center

that can refer you/ PM me and I can help more specifically.

Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a dentist

Here is a google search> https://tinyurl.com/yddgurfh

You need some Spanish or a good research of your condition! the MDs and dentists will speak English but not likely the assistant staff.

Sturbridge...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a dentist

Hi, hey did you ever get work done there? and if so or even if not , did you ever hear how much cheaper procedures might be? please advise, thanks, pete

Frisco, texas
Level Contributor
56 posts
401 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a dentist

Thanks;

All we need is simple regular teeth cleaning; there is no dental or medical issue. Can you recommend a dentist that does speak English?

Thanks

Guadalajara, Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a dentist

I just did in the answers 1 and 2 above, the reception staff will likely not speak English but dentists at medium to high end places will. Just call up the Centro Medico Diamante and ask the receptionist to speak with somebody in English about a dentist. Most phone plans in N America cover the 3 countries now, if yours does not just use skype out or another internet phone service.

Take a look at the google search. You can tell by looking at google earth which is in a fancy new building and which is not. The fancy new buildings will have more liklihood of English speaking receptionists. The medium to higher end dentists will have full technology and be pricier, the old fashioned cheap ones will not have the most contemporary chairs, drills, buffers etc and so just don´t bother with them, you will still pay half of US prices at least. "Limpieza" is a cleaning.

If you PM me I will send you the e-mail of a Brit living there now, I now live in Guadalajara. Cities like Zacatecas yes you do need to do a bit more homework yourself.

pputski100 prices are good but depend on the level of dentist you go to - the cheap no-technology dentists will be cheap cheap like say $200-300MXN for a check-up and cleaning and as you go higher end will get up to $600 plus. The $ sign is pesos here.

Mentioned in this post
Guadalajara
Guadalajara
Guadalajara Metropolitan Area, Mexico
Zacatecas
Zacatecas
Zacatecas, Mexico
Reply to: Need a dentist
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zacatecas