We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Locations for wedding photos

Abbotsford BC
Level Contributor
69 posts
Locations for wedding photos

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone provide some info regarding:

We are looking to have our after ceremony photos taken and we would like to have some park shots with maybe a fountain, trees, some flowers - also we would like to have some shots in front of a pretty church and any other local type stuff...we would like it all to be within walking distance of each other and honestly, we don't care about beach shots. Has anyone got any suggestions?

PS we are staying at the Rui Santa Fe so don't please don't suggest San Jose del Cabo

Thanks everyone!

cabo
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
1 review
1. Re: Locations for wedding photos

Don´t hate me but your description of what you´re looking for sounds exactly like SJD.

The Emilia wilkes plaza in downtown Cabo is a little park with a small gazebo, but surrounded by restaurants, a few trees and a not so impressive church. You should be able to find some good shots with fountains, trees and flowers around your hotel grounds, but not the church and local stuff. Another idea is to catch a little panga ($10 per person) and boat out by the land´s end arch for some great dramatic shots. You can get a panga at the marina downtown Cabo so you don´t have to jump in and out of the surf in your wedding clothes

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Locations for wedding photos

Hey tac, finally put the imfamous dog on your Avatar. Love it!

tac is right about having some nice shots around your resort, there's a nice Cathoic church behind the city plaza you could get shots in front of. Not sure you want to leave your guests to run around town for these shot tho. Ummm, hey tac, how are they suppose to get out and back in the boat over at Lands end, or are you talking about the rock formations as the backdrop from inside the boat?

Texas
Level Contributor
5,806 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Locations for wedding photos

Just make sure you go to Lover's Beach and not the other side.

cabo
Level Contributor
3,835 posts
1 review
4. Re: Locations for wedding photos

Hi Atilla, yes I was talking about photos from the boat with the rock formations in the background. I remember seeing a pic that Summyr and her friend took from the water taxi in front of the arch and it was incredible. I think the shot at water level in a panga is alot more dramatic than some that I´ve seen from sunset cruise boats higher up

And Tibber did finally bumped the lizard in the avatar :)

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Locations for wedding photos

hey tac,

I was wondering how they weren't going to get wet getting in and out. And I like the new avatar. Couldn't really tell what you were holding.

Bakersfield
Level Contributor
491 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Locations for wedding photos

The other side referred to by NAZCLK is divorce beach

7. Re: Locations for wedding photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2010, 16:18