We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where do you go for your first meal after you land?

Greenwood, Indiana
Level Contributor
148 posts
12 reviews
9 helpful votes
Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Save

We have been coming to Cabo for several years, we always get a rental car. Just wondering where everyone likes to go get that first meal? Do you go somplace in San Jose? or wait till Cabo? or any good places on the beach to stop in betweeen? We have been going to La Lupita in San Jose the last couple times we have came. I would really like to find something on t he beach!

25 replies to this topic
Islamabad Capital...
Level Contributor
1,371 posts
35 reviews
42 helpful votes
1. Re: Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Save

I take first timers to Los Claros in CSL on Zaragoza. People rave about that first meal and experience years after their trip.

If I were flying in as a repeat visitor, I would go to Las Michoacanas on the long way from the airport to San Jose/CSL, not the toll road. Great, belly filling food.

As a side note, I never take the toll road with first time visitors. I want them to get the full MexEffect. The sooner they adapt, the quicker they start having fun.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for San Jose del Cabo
Level Contributor
6,643 posts
85 reviews
47 helpful votes
2. Re: Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Save

It is not on the beach, but we go to Lateral on the road behind La Comer in San Jose with tacos just as good as La Lupita. We park in La Comer’s underground lot then walk across the street to Lateral. After filling up…we go grocery shopping.

If you want “on the beach” in San Jose, then I would either go to Casa Calavera at the Vidante (sit outside) Mama Mias at Coral Baja, Zippers (everyone knows zippers), or for an upscale treat 7 Seas at Cabo Surf hotel.

Springfield...
Level Contributor
6,993 posts
94 reviews
136 helpful votes
3. Re: Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Save

In case you didn't know, there is a La Lupita in Cabo. If you want on the beach in San Jose I would suggest Zippers.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
679 posts
24 reviews
19 helpful votes
4. Re: Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Save

First dinner is usually at Asi y Asado for a solid taco meal in a laid-back casual setting. Too tired from flying for anything fancy on first night. If our flight arrives in Cabo early (1 p.m. or before) then we might go to El Marinero Borracho by San Jose Marina straight from picking up rental car at airport.

Sometimes we like to get breakfast/lunch at 7 Seas at Cabo Surf Hotel before heading to airport to go home. Pricey-ish, but the view is amazing and very relaxing vibe but not uptight.

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
118 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Save

We always stop at Rossy's (sp?) Tacos in San Jose, whether it's lunch time or later, doesn't matter. Each of us gets 2 shrimp and 1 fish tacos. Trying to get a parking space there, you know you've arrived in Mexico! Been going there since it was a stand-up bar with an outhouse.

United States
Level Contributor
1,840 posts
392 reviews
164 helpful votes
6. Re: Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Save

Clearly I need to stay in San Jose on a future trip and hit all these taco stands. TFPU!!

After getting a margarita and the airport bar, we go straight to the Grand Solmar where we're always way too early to check in so we head to the pool where we order some food. Pretty boring compared to everybody else's routines.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
5,288 posts
33 reviews
16 helpful votes
7. Re: Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Save

Agree with Mike S.

We always hit a few places kind of like a bar / food crawl. First stop is Baja Brewing not for the food but the drinks and views.

Next is usually Bar Esquina for dinner then off to El Squid Roe for dancing.

On our next visit, we will hit The Cape and El Farallon.

3 posts
8. Re: Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Save

Gardenia's...........can't wait to get there once we check in!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
38,104 posts
9. Re: Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Save

Depends when I arrive. Could be beach side at our hotel if we take a morning flight or late night eats at Bar Esquina if we take a 7pm flight from TIJ, or could be neither.

I’ve never had my driver take us to a restaurant or bar on the way from our hotel to airport.

La Jolla, California
Level Contributor
944 posts
7 reviews
18 helpful votes
10. Re: Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Save

Head straight to THE DECK or THE OFFICE! No worries in CABO baby!

Reply to: Where do you go for your first meal after you land?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.