We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More time in Cape Town of Garden Route?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
More time in Cape Town of Garden Route?

Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I will be honeymooning in South Africa during September/October this year.

We have the beginning and end of our trip booked however we are not sure if we should stay in Cape Town in the middle or drive the garden route. Our itinerary is as follows:

27th Camps Bay Atlantic view guest house

28th Camps Bay Atlantic view guest house

29th Camps Bay Atlantic view guest house

30th Camps Bay Atlantic view guest house

October

1st Cape Town Manna bay

2nd Cape Town Manna bay

3rd Franschoek Fleur du soleil

4th Franschoek Fleur du soleil

5th Franschoek Mont Rochelle

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th Lion Sands Tinga Lodge

13th Lion Sands Tinga Lodge

14th Lion Sands Tinga Lodge

15th Cape Town Tintswalo

We need to fly to Skukuza airport on the morning of the 12th so this will be from Cape Town if we stay there and Port Elizabeth if we drive the Garden Route.

We are really into food, fine dining as well as street food and love going to a nice cocktail bar, which is why we are tempted to stay in Cape Town. But I am worried we will be in Cape Town too long and also I'm not sure how warm it will be this time of year!

If we drive the Garden Route we where thinking of 2 nights in Hermanus to see the whales, 2 nights in Plettenburg to go bungee jumping and do some canyoning, 1 night in Jefferies Bay to watch the surf and then 1 night in Port Elizabeth as we would be flying out early the next morning.

Can anybody give any indicators on what they would recommend?

We are mid and late twenties and have a mid level budget.

I hope this is enough information for people to help :)

1 reply
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More time in Cape Town of Garden Route?

Personally I would do the Garden Route. Beautiful scenery along the way, and a change of pace from just staying a longer time in CT. Also, I am sure you know, but there are water restrictions in CT now and its unclear how long they will go for.

Reply to: More time in Cape Town of Garden Route?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted